Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Jun 15, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #1,501 of 5,166
No hiss at all from my V30 to the 846. I've only heard one person mention hiss, a lot of others with 846 also report a silent background. Not sure what was up with that chap's V30, but it's the exception not the norm based on others with sensitive iems.

Jun 16, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #1,504 of 5,166
For overall price and peforperfor ratio i say it's worth. G6 started getting Oreo update and the os seems faster now. My brother got G6.
Just make sure you are buying quad dac version

Thanks. Are there no screen retention issues, and is the battery life decent? Just in case, I'm planning to buy a Korean variant, the G600k.

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #1,507 of 5,166
I've had the LG G6 for almost a year and been very happy with it. Difficult to beat for the price. Good battery life and overall very good performance never had a problem with it. I have the Asian version with quad dac.

I got Oreo update a few days ago and are not impressed! Battery life seems to be worse, same for the overall performance. I need to spend more time with it to 100 % confirm this. Just watched a YouTube video about battery performance after upgrade to Oreo he also confirm its worse.

I don't hear any difference in audio.

Anyway i will be buying the V30 or the G7 within the next month. Can't really decide which, notch or no notch :)

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #1,508 of 5,166
You understand correctly.

dear artpiggo. i know you have vivo xplay 6. what can you say about its battery life? i read a number of opinions that despite its 4000mA volume its not good even for a day use.
i am deciding now between lg v30+ and vivo. guess camera and music wise they are more or less of the same level?

Jun 16, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #1,509 of 5,166
dear artpiggo. i know you have vivo xplay 6. what can you say about its battery life? i read a number of opinions that despite its 4000mA volume its not good even for a day use.
i am deciding now between lg v30+ and vivo. guess camera and music wise they are more or less of the same level?

Lg v30+ has better battery life by ~15%.
Xplay6 battery life is on par with honor10.

Camera aspect. Vivo xp6 wins both rear and front camera. The only thing lg does better is wide lense.

For Night mode, xp6 does really spectacular than lg. When I simultaneously had both devices. I went photo trip with my gf and compared side by side and she said the picture from xp6 looks so natural (realistic) than lg. The only pic she loves about lg is wide lense.

Music. Xp6 sounds fun, catchy, 3D, good bass and impact. Like sony DAP
LG V30 sounds clean, less bass and impact, analytical. Like shanling DAP.

Choose your poison yourself.

Jun 16, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #1,510 of 5,166
I'm so happy...
Although it's not a v30

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-16-21-25-23.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-16-21-25-23.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 18, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #1,512 of 5,166
Hi All
I used to be spending time and money on listening to the best quality of musics but for a decade or so just limited myself in whatever was available like smart phones, normal headphones...
last months I wanted to buy a new wireless headphone for my TV and after reading forums and little by little all the thirst and eager to get the best Audio quality came back to me again...
as I dont have much options for a proper Audio system i just could get the below combination :
HD800s + Chord Mojo... it seems not too bad but as I will be mobile I want to use my Samsung Note8 as the source...I just transferred my Flac files to it but not sure what would be the best app to get the most out of them to Mojo and the HD800S ?
I already download and install HF Player of Onkyo but I am not sure if it can transfer all bits of my flac music to the Mojo...
I appreciate if you can share your experiences and suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back