Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Jun 15, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #1,486 of 5,166
Imho, they are same processor generation, and still plagued by image retention issues on the LCD.

Well yeah, you got nice sounds if that is your only purpose for that phone.

Better get the next generation, or other brands like axon 7, not necessarily LG series but one with dedicated DAC.

And your phone LG g6? I had the v20 once and most of us in the group had the image retention issues.

I mean get the axon7 that is same generation with LG g6/v20. Budget wise. Sorry for confusing statements

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #1,490 of 5,166
I'm on a tight budget plus I need to trade in my axon

Well I don't think there is any better option for you coming from axon7. How about Letv x900?

Jun 15, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #1,493 of 5,166
Is there's anything wrong with g6?

Nothing wrong. But the sound is not clearly upgraded. It will be a waste of money especially it is tight budget. Keep that budget to other things in your life.

However, you care about processor? Isn't sound quality what you want most?

PM me for further discussion.

Jun 15, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #1,494 of 5,166
Nothing wrong. But the sound is not clearly upgraded. It will be a waste of money especially it is tight budget. Keep that budget to other things in your life.

However, you care about processor? Isn't sound quality what you want most?

PM me for further discussion.

Not upgraded compared to what? It is better than the V20 and previous, but only a bit.

Jun 15, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #1,495 of 5,166
Not upgraded compared to what? It is better than the V20 and previous, but only a bit.

Ok. It is not significantly upgrade from his axon7.

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #1,496 of 5,166
Hi I'm sorry to be contrary but I have owned and used both the lg v30 and the OnePlus 6 . Although the v30 clearly has the louder amp and quad DAC, I do most of my listening at low to moderate volumes through sensitive Iems (Shure se535 and se846) and I always found the v30 to have a bit of background noise during quiet passages of music. This led to me selling the phone, and I must say that the background of the OnePlus 6 is perfectly silent and I find the sound signature to be very neutral with a really good dynamic range. In addition, imho using the OnePlus 6 is an all round much better experience than the lg v30. Better quality oled screen and Fast and almost stock 8.1. major downside for me is no SD card slot. Had this phone since launch and seriously impressed so far.... It has overtaken the iPhone X as my daily driver for the time being (have also recently owned and returned the s9 plus and the pixel 2 XL - bothboth g phones in many ways, with class leading cameras but both not without problems).

Please no one take offense, just my honest opinions from personal experience .

Wow...
I mean ok... V30 and pixel display not good... But Samsung S9PLUS display is at a higher tier level.... Regarding os... Since OnePlus claims stock like android experience... Everyone including xda guys tells it's still not upto Pixel smooth Os..

Then what actually led to you take or like op6 more ?

Edit- ok i see... Faster updates- pixel is the real android Update. OnePlus updates after beginning 1-2 months are just useless update. If not believing me ....then check Security patches which remain same for 2-4 months.
Less hissing noise... Now i think that's only because of weaker amp section in OnePlus. No offence but i had OnePlus 3 and i know it was the most uninspiring sound quality.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #1,497 of 5,166
For current situation... I am inclined to have 1 mid class smartphone + 1 DAP instead. Or else, vivo xplay6 is still the top class for me in term of both camera+sound. For the next phone, I am not sure they will go for an overpriced smartphone or not.

You are right bro.
After i bought Xduoo Xd-05 dac/amp i know what is it the difference and the limitation of the phone dacs can be in Audio. What ever they try... The cramped circuits always produce some hissing sound or something like that not making it audiophile grade.... I had LG G6 and compared it with Xduoo Xd-05 and Xd-05 simply is stunning.

Plus....i like the "Akm nature" of the dacs which are more "Musical" than "Ess Sabre nature" of being more analytical.. on long long session of musical listening sure Akm is more beloved to me.

Also i came to a fact... personal experience of my own that... After all these analytical testing of iems dacs etc.... We all like to enjoy some "Musical" right .

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #1,499 of 5,166
@artpiggo @jagwap from what i have heard is... LG V30 oled...actually poled display of their own is dull compared to samsung. Also many got screen burn in issues of oled display. G7 has Sd845 plus Brighter LCD too which looks good actually. And i never heard any screen issues for G6 and no bootloop issues from G6 onwards

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #1,500 of 5,166
@artpiggo @jagwap from what i have heard is... LG V30 oled...actually poled display of their own is dull compared to samsung. Also many got screen burn in issues of oled display. G7 has Sd845 plus Brighter LCD too which looks good actually. And i never heard any screen issues for G6 and no bootloop issues from G6 onwards

You understand correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back