Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Jun 20, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #17 of 5,166
Jun 20, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #18 of 5,166
This year is still a good year for LG as it is still the only company who invents smartphone with HiFi DAC.

Later this year, if LG not doing anything wrong, we are going to meet each other.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #19 of 5,166
ruined my plans on buying imported g6 dual sim, now ill have to wait for this and then v30(supposed to have amoled instead of lcd).... wanted a new phone half a year ago, curse you progress of technology lol

considering price of g6 it seems like plus could be same price as non plus s8 here(EU)

I also think that it is going to be expensive in Europe. But let us wait and see what the pricing is going to be.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #22 of 5,166
Ha ha ha ha unless vivo comes out with xplay 7 with balanced output

Too much dream I think lol. I think not until iBasso x vivo collaboration occurs.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #23 of 5,166
For me, G6 without adapter when driving quad dac was worse than without power, I found that it was a defect, when I put the adapter I could enjoy the true quad dac.

That is same story as LG V20. adapter is a must to bring out details and body.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #24 of 5,166
That is same story as LG V20. adapter is a must to bring out details and body.
could you post a link to such an adapter in the opening post? it might be useful when the thread is too long.

also, from the excel, here is the pro 6 plus description: "less warm than Pro6 plus. Same quality" i don't think you wanted to compare the pro 6 plus to itself.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #25 of 5,166
could you post a link to such an adapter in the opening post? it might be useful when the thread is too long.

also, from the excel, here is the pro 6 plus description: "less warm than Pro6 plus. Same quality" i don't think you wanted to compare the pro 6 plus to itself.

LOL. Edited. So embarrassed. Thanks for mention out.

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #28 of 5,166
liking the Lg G6+ with built in dac, but are there any official specs as to what DAC is in it? if so the g6+ will be my next upgrade!

From the phone arena specs:
the LG G6+ differs from the original flagship model only with its 128 GB of internal flash storage, and with a wireless charging feature (“in some countries”), which was previously available only in the US version of the smartphone, equipped with 64 GB storage. The new LG G6+ also comes with high quality earphones from B&O PLAY.

edit from lg news room:

http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2017/06/l...ith-enhanced-features-and-new-plus-version-2/

The new LG G6+ features a generous 128GB of onboard storage and premium earphones from B&O PLAY to take full advantage of the 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC featured in the smartphone. Available in Optical Astro Black, Optical Marine Blue and Optical Terra Gold, the turbocharged LG G6+ comes with all the innovations of the LG G6 with the addition of wireless charging in some countries.*

http://social.lge.co.kr/newsroom/mc/lg_g6_0618/

LG also offers a B & O play bundle earphone to enjoy the premium sound provided by the Quad DAC. The B & O logo is also added on the back of the product.

So no, it appears its the same built in qualcomm aqstic

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #29 of 5,166
Does anyone can explain me how Quad DAC in LG V20 / G6 is functioning in details? I know it has a great sound but just wonder how each chip functions. Or is it just a trademark name?

By the way, I just notice that Onkyo granbeat price is dropping in Hong Kong to $640 or 5000 HKD. If you can find dealers there.

http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=250660

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #30 of 5,166
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back