Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
May 11, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #1,366 of 5,166
Which one would you choose? :D

probably lg v20 because it has micro sd slot for more storage.

but if you are tidal MQA user, you should go for LG V30 (HK model is the cheapest one if you can find)

May 11, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #1,367 of 5,166
May 12, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #1,370 of 5,166
One last question

Since micro SD isn't a plus for me and internal storage is more than enough for me, in terms of audio quality and stage, LG V20 or Meizu Pro 6 plus

Thanks a lot for your support :D

Nearly in same tier. V20 is more 3D while pro6 plus have more width but less depth. But LG V20 matches with my U12 more.

Hey Artpiggo, are you planing to try the Meizu M15 Plus?

No. I plan to try honor10 instead (pre order already) which I know it will global launch in 15 May and out for sale on 23 May in Thailand.

May 12, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #1,371 of 5,166
Nearly in same tier. V20 is more 3D while pro6 plus have more width but less depth. But LG V20 matches with my U12 more.

No. I plan to try honor10 instead (pre order already) which I know it will global launch in 15 May and out for sale on 23 May in Thailand.

ok I see. I am slowly beginning to search a replacement for my Le Max, but I am not really convinced I can find one right now, or even in the near future:

- the Huawei P20 Pro is way too expensive, and even though the Dolby Atmos seems promising, I don't like the designe of EMUI 8,
- Vivo: is the Xplay 6 still a good phone (regarding photos and multitasking) ? Is it wiser to wait for the Xplay 7?
- Meizu: I passed the Pro 7 series, but the M15 Plus seems promising, and I like Flyme a lot. What is your opinion on Meizu's latest phone?

Can you give us the names of the phones you're willing to test, and tell us why?

May 12, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #1,372 of 5,166
ok I see. I am slowly beginning to search a replacement for my Le Max, but I am not really convinced I can find one right now, or even in the near future:

- the Huawei P20 Pro is way too expensive, and even though the Dolby Atmos seems promising, I don't like the designe of EMUI 8,
- Vivo: is the Xplay 6 still a good phone (regarding photos and multitasking) ? Is it wiser to wait for the Xplay 7?
- Meizu: I passed the Pro 7 series, but the M15 Plus seems promising, and I like Flyme a lot. What is your opinion on Meizu's latest phone?

Can you give us the names of the phones you're willing to test, and tell us why?

I am coming from Le max and find xp6 is still the huge upgrade in both phone performance and SQ. it is wiser to wait for xplay7 though because I don't think you can find xp6 anywhere now except aliexpress but I am not sure about seller rating... and the reason I pass meizu 15 series is that I saw the sample pictures and it is not attractive me at all and sound quality is not their top priority anymore.

Now I am going for honor10 just because I would like to try its first claimed Hi-Fi phone (AK4376A) from Huawei Honor. And another reason is that xplay6 is with me for over 1 year now which is surprising that I can use this one specific phone for over 1 year now. I want something new for try out but vivo xplay7 is not coming yet. That's why.

May 13, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #1,373 of 5,166
Guys, my Axon 7 went to phone heaven. Even though it was fantastic phone price of new/sh does not justify to buy another one ~250 euro.

I can get either Huawei P20 lite, Nokia 8 or nokia 7 plus with my carrier. Any thoughts or should I go with sh axon 7 mini and wait for some occasion?

May 13, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #1,374 of 5,166
Hello! I'm using Lg g5 + b&o hi-fi module with Ultrasone Signature Dj. I'm planing to upgrade my phone because that ghost screen issues annoying me.
Is there any phone can you suggest me? I like warm and clear sounds and listening electronic,jazz sometimes classical... No price range. Sorry for bad english.

May 13, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #1,375 of 5,166
I am coming from Le max and find xp6 is still the huge upgrade in both phone performance and SQ. it is wiser to wait for xplay7 though because I don't think you can find xp6 anywhere now except aliexpress but I am not sure about seller rating... and the reason I pass meizu 15 series is that I saw the sample pictures and it is not attractive me at all and sound quality is not their top priority anymore.

Now I am going for honor10 just because I would like to try its first claimed Hi-Fi phone (AK4376A) from Huawei Honor. And another reason is that xplay6 is with me for over 1 year now which is surprising that I can use this one specific phone for over 1 year now. I want something new for try out but vivo xplay7 is not coming yet. That's why.

Thanks a lot Artpiggo.
The Xplay 6 is indded still available on alexpress but, most of the time the good sellers have only the 64GB model in stock.
What makes you say/think that audio is Meizu's priority anymore?

May 13, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #1,377 of 5,166
Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 00.39.47.png

Meizu 15 Plus seperate from them with Hifi CS chip ,is it make noticible effect to sound ?

May 14, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #1,378 of 5,166
In the past, meizu does make a decent audiophile phone by giving dedicate ESS dac with separate amp module (OPA1612) with the Hi-Fi setting option to choose low gain, high gain, line out mode. until meizu pro 7 and 15, they stop using separate dac + separate amp but comes with dac+amp combo set (CS47xxxx) so the power output is lower and no more Hi-Fi setting to choose gains and line out. Especially the 'phone' spec cannot compare to other manufacturers like vivo, huawei etc. It doesn't make any wow factor for me anymore.

May 14, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #1,379 of 5,166
In the past, meizu does make a decent audiophile phone by giving dedicate ESS dac with separate amp module (OPA1612) with the Hi-Fi setting option to choose low gain, high gain, line out mode. until meizu pro 7 and 15, they stop using separate dac + separate amp but comes with dac+amp combo set (CS47xxxx) so the power output is lower and no more Hi-Fi setting to choose gains and line out. Especially the 'phone' spec cannot compare to other manufacturers like vivo, huawei etc. It doesn't make any wow factor for me anymore.

did you try CS47 series ? İ known cirrus logic bought wolfson company and also ak70 dap has cs47 chip ,dont know 15 and 15 lite's dac performans but 15 plus looking not bad for me ,İ want to make combo 15 plus with ibasso it01 what do you think about that is it enough for it01 ?

May 14, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #1,380 of 5,166
did you try CS47 series ? İ known cirrus logic bought wolfson company and also ak70 dap has cs47 chip ,dont know 15 and 15 lite's dac performans but 15 plus looking not bad for me ,İ want to make combo 15 plus with ibasso it01 what do you think about that is it enough for it01 ?

Ak70 is cs4398, top tier edition from cs47xxxx. If you want to know 15 plus character, then try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back