Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Sep 24, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #421 of 5,166
Yeah I know that in the last 40y anybody didn't need MQA to enjoy the music but I got no High quality music so I will get music from one of the company borned in the last few years and that let you download or stream high quality music for 10/20 bucks a month, the same money of a single cd.
Tidal is known as the one with the highest quality files and before MQA you could get only 16/44 flac from it while now with it you can get 24/192 Music having a MQA capable device that will be 24/96kHz with a dac without MQA capabilities.
Thanks a lot for your honest suggest but I was asking: I will enjoy music more with a better dac/amp or with a better source ?

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #423 of 5,166
I was just curious about if v30 with his capabilities as amp/dac and higher quality files could be better than a portable device that could have better amp/dac but with lesser quality source, thanks for your helpful answer.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #424 of 5,166
Hello ,
I want to improve the audio of my OP3T. Can anybody suggest some good DAC/Amps in the range of 70-80 USD? I was looking at Fiio Q1 and HiFiMe Sabre 9018 USB Type C. The price of both of them is same. Can anybody suggest another DAC/Amp?

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #425 of 5,166
Hello ,
I want to improve the audio of my OP3T. Can anybody suggest some good DAC/Amps in the range of 70-80 USD? I was looking at Fiio Q1 and HiFiMe Sabre 9018 USB Type C. The price of both of them is same. Can anybody suggest another DAC/Amp?

Why not dragonfly black or aqua dac. You may find good second hand one.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #426 of 5,166
Why not dragonfly black. You may find good second hand one.
Because I couldn't find the Black 1.5 i.e. the new one compatible with mobile phones in India. And most of the second-hand ones don't ship to India. Also, I heard DF Black suffers from low volume issue.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #427 of 5,166
Because I couldn't find the Black 1.5 i.e. the new one compatible with mobile phones in India. And most of the second-hand ones don't ship to India. Also, I heard DF Black suffers from low volume issue.

If you use with UAPP, it diddnt have the problem though.

Anyway, maybe Aqua dac

截屏_20170925_123941.jpg

Sep 25, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #428 of 5,166
Hello ,
sabaj da3
smsl x4

look for deals for best prices. both are well worth their price.

Sep 25, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #430 of 5,166
sabaj da3
smsl x4

look for deals for best prices. both are well worth their price.
Thank you. Sabaj DA3 is little out of my budget. And about SMSL I have read about lots of complaints on hissing , popping sound and reliability issues.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #432 of 5,166
Sep 25, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #434 of 5,166
i couldn't find a word about x4 in this thread.
That I know. I was talking about general reliability . Do you have the X4 ? Are there any EMI/RF Interference issue with it ? How will you describe the sound quality,loudness and compatibility with smartphones?

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #435 of 5,166
That I know. I was talking about general reliability . Do you have the X4 ? Are there any EMI/RF Interference issue with it ? How will you describe the sound quality,loudness and compatibility with smartphones?
general reliability of a brand, that sells like dozens of different types of products? come on, you can't say that all smsl's have hiss, popping and reliability issues, simply based on what you've read about on single model (which wasn't good, btw).

personally, i don't have the x4. however, i know a very reliable local guy, who bought it and reviewed it. he wrote about it multiple times on hungarian boards, and based on his experience, i would definitely put it on my shopping list if i were to buy a cheap portable dac/amp. he wrote that the dac has a typical musical wolfson sound, works with all systems like a charm, has a quality build, and can recommend it to ear-/headphones that are relatively easy to drive. i trust his judgement 100%. i would definitely pick the x4 over the hifime sabre dac, as the latter might have some issues with android 6/7 systems. also, i do think that the x4 looks badass in red, but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back