Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Aug 4, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #1,636 of 5,167
I recently sold my V20 to a friend and when I was going over the features of it I realized just how good it still holds up. I miss the 2nd display (better than the floating one on V30), IR blaster, and removable battery of the V20. I'd recommend it to anyone that is looking for a top-tier audio-capable phone without the associated premium price tag.

Aug 6, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #1,640 of 5,167
1. I read somewhere that V30 sounds better than simple android (say any cheap chinese android) + M0 ?
2. How much better is M0 compared to Dragonfly Black ?

1. If use as usb dac or pure dap, m0 sounds even better : blacker background and better separation. If connect like ldac or sbc, v30 is better in terms of transparency and depth soundstage.

2.different tuning. DFB has more mid bass while m0 is more balanced for all spectrum and sound more natural. Soundwise is comparable.

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #1,641 of 5,167
1. If use as usb dac or pure dap, m0 sounds even better : blacker background and better separation. If connect like ldac or sbc, v30 is better in terms of transparency and depth soundstage.

2.different tuning. DFB has more mid bass while m0 is more balanced for all spectrum and sound more natural. Soundwise is comparable.

What are your top 5 smartphones till date based on sepration and technicalities alone?

Aug 7, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #1,642 of 5,167
What are your top 5 smartphones till date based on sepration and technicalities alone?

1, Xplay 6
2. Nex S
3. LG V30
4. Letv Max
5. Meizu Pro 5
6. Xiaomi mi note pro

Aug 7, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #1,645 of 5,167
Hi artpiggo ,

where would you put Pro 6 Plus in that list ?

And how do you compare it vs Xplay 6 ?

Cannot rank in top ten. They are still mx4 pro, lg v20, vivo xplay5s, Pro7/plus. that ranks above pro6 plus.

xplay 6 has much warmer mid, more natural sounding and the soundstage is far better 3D. Details and technicalities of xplay6 wins hand down.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #1,647 of 5,167
Cannot rank in top ten. They are still mx4 pro, lg v20, vivo xplay5s, Pro7/plus. that ranks above pro6 plus.

xplay 6 has much warmer mid, more natural sounding and the soundstage is far better 3D. Details and technicalities of xplay6 wins hand down.
No love for Axon7? :)

MX4 Pro is great in terms of the SQ but it does not hold up to date with its outdated Android. I still use it as DAP for running.

Aug 7, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #1,648 of 5,167

MX4 Pro is great in terms of the SQ but it does not hold up to date with its outdated Android. I still use it as DAP for running.

Mx4 pro is really a legend. Only storage is limited. Thus you should use neutron to access with your NAS storage /ftp server.

For axon7, I like it but not the same level as lg or vivo or meizu phones.

Aug 7, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #1,650 of 5,167
Mx4 pro is really a legend. Only storage is limited. Thus you should use neutron to access with your NAS storage /ftp server.

For axon7, I like it but not the same level as lg or vivo or meizu phones.[/Q

Mx4 pro sounded best whith older flyme version 4.4.4.android when there was support for dirac hd when you have supported headphones. (No direct hires playback)With latest firmware 6.2 on the other hand no dirac but it has full support for usb audio players pro and poweramps hires driver with no downsampling

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back