Best Sarah McLachlan cd?
Jul 10, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #16 of 27
Did anyone ever pick up the limited edition re-release of Fumbling Towards Ecstasy (the one with the yellowish/golden cover)? Apparently it was remastered. I'm still kicking myself for not picking that up when I had a chance.

Jul 10, 2007 at 11:32 AM Post #18 of 27
Wow, I just picked up "fumbling towards ecstasy" today for a buck.

Jul 10, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #19 of 27
I've been listening to Sarah since her first album and I have to say I think The Freedom Sessions is her best album. It offers a less "produced" sound than her other material because it's mainly outtakes and jam type sessions recorded at her home studio. It's a more intimate and experimental album that seems to convey more of her live presence. The versions of Hold On are truly incredible.

Jul 10, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I just picked up "fumbling towards ecstasy" today for a buck.

You lucky bastage. And here I was yesterday willing to pay up to twenty bucks if the store had it in stock.

Jul 10, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #21 of 27
Love the song "Angel". If you want to replicate the feeling of that song, I would recommend the song "Answer" on her Afterglow studio cd.

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not going to pay for Mirrorball again.

Sorry to hear you weren't able to track down the 2-Disc version... There are some real gems missing from the 1-Disc version.

Jul 11, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #23 of 27
That's ok. I'll just have to go without.
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been listening to Sarah since her first album and I have to say I think The Freedom Sessions is her best album. It offers a less "produced" sound than her other material because it's mainly outtakes and jam type sessions recorded at her home studio. It's a more intimate and experimental album that seems to convey more of her live presence. The versions of Hold On are truly incredible.

Thanks for the reco, elnero! I have all of the regular studio albums, but not that one. I could use a "Sarah" fix, and that could just be the ticket.

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the reco, elnero! I have all of the regular studio albums, but not that one. I could use a "Sarah" fix, and that could just be the ticket.

I think you or any Sarah fan will love it, ever since it came out it's been one of my reference CD's that gets pulled out whenever I get a new piece of gear.

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #26 of 27
Mirrorball is a live album of most of her big hits and the sound quality is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back