Best rock cans !!??
Nov 30, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 53

Quote:
Grado 325i or 225i.

And of these two...225i by a big margin for me!

I thought I was upgrading from my 225i to 325is...boy was I wrong.
confused.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 53
most will say grado, i say sennheiser HD650 and a good amp.

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #9 of 53
all that was stated was that he listens to rock music. that really means that grados are the right choice? really? thats it?

i listen to rock and i know that i would hate the grado sound.

Quote:
I think Grados are the most suitable for what you are looking for as well

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #10 of 53

Quote:
all that was stated was that he listens to rock music. that really means that grados are the right choice? really? thats it?

i listen to rock and i know that i would hate the grado sound.

Quote:
I think Grados are the most suitable for what you are looking for as well

Grados aren't for every rock fan. Just a quick question...which Grados have you heard?

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #12 of 53
i haven't actually heard a pair but i can tell from the way they are talked about that i wouldn't like them. i prefer bass over treble. i definitely don't like a sound that has more treble than bass.

that definitely is not my style.

Quote:
Grados aren't for every rock fan. Just a quick question...which Grados have you heard?

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #13 of 53

Quote:
i haven't actually heard a pair but i can tell from the way they are talked about that i wouldn't like them. i prefer bass over treble. i definitely don't like a sound that has more treble than bass.

that definitely is not my style.

Quote:

Like I saw to my kids: "you listen with your ears".
smile.gif

I'd give them a try first before commenting on them. Yes the graphs can be helpful, but I find they are ONLY helpful when listening to said headphones. I did own the HD650s...and both the SR225i and especially RS1s trounced them with rock.

Have a look at this:

moz-screenshot-2.png
http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2621&graphID[]=283

One might actually think that the K701s have more bass than the D7000s. NOTHING could be further from the truth. The D7000s will loosen up your tooth fillings their bass is so powerful, while the K702s will always leave you wanting more bass.

I was watching "It Might Get Loud" on Blu Ray one evening about a year ago with my HD650s (and I am a HUGE Jimmy Page fan) and fell asleep. The HD650s were just so...blah IMO. I popped on my RS1s and really enjoyed the rest of the documentary to its fullest.
L3000.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #14 of 53
i understand what you're saying, but i just hate to see that anytime someone mentions rock music that right away grado is the one and only way to go. i am sensitive to treble and i like deep bass, so grado is not the way to go for me.

Quote:
smile.gif

I'd give them a try first before commenting on them. Yes the graphs can be helpful, but I find they are ONLY helpful when listening to said headphones. I did own the HD650s...and both the SR225i and especially RS1s trounced them with rock.

I was watching "It Might Get Loud" on Blu Ray one evening about a year ago with my HD650s (and I am a HUGE Jimmy Page fan) and fell asleep. The HD650s were just so...blah IMO. I popped on my RS1s and really enjoyed the rest of the documentary to its fullest.

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #15 of 53

Quote:
i understand what you're saying, but i just hate to see that anytime someone mentions rock music that right away grado is the one and only way to go. i am sensitive to treble and i like deep bass, so grado is not the way to go for me.

Quote:
smile.gif

Give them a try...you might be surprised....but then again, you might not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back