Best recorded albums of all time?
Mar 19, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #256 of 464
I love the kind of albums that you never want to skip a song on; every song is perfect 
biggrin.gif

Favorites:

One-X - Three Days Grace
Untitled (IV, Zoso, whatever) - Led Zeppelin
Comatose - Skillet
La Futura - ZZ Top
Weathered - Creed
Hello Hurricane - Switchfoot
Hotel California - Eagles

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #263 of 464
I've always thought like you Joseph, never thought it sounded as good as people say. I even have the mofi gold disc. This reissue is the real deal on vinyl though. Not sure if it was ear fatigue, listened pretty loud, but side two wasn't as impressive sounding. I'll listen again. As to the cover, the speckled ugly cover peals off and the regular cool looking cover is underneath. I was annoyed when I saw it too lol

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #265 of 464
I'm going to put forward Archive - You All Look The Same To Me (2002) to the others I've suggested. Complex layering beautifully produced. They sound very similar to Pink Floyd at times. It's mesmerizing me more and more every time I play it 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 23, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #267 of 464
I think some people hate them on principal because they are cut from a hi res digital source. I've read that the analog masters were fragile, so they made hi res copies and used those. I've only heard them on crappy 80's vinyl, and these blow them away, so I don't care...

Mar 23, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #268 of 464
And yes, the newest ones. Most of what I've read says that the only ones that sound better are the first pressings from the 60's and 70's. Good luck finding them in good shape for 25 bucks! I'm happy with them and I'm definitely not easy to please when it comes to this stuff...

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #269 of 464
Bon Iver - Bon Iver

the mastering on that album is amazing. check it out if you like indie folk type music

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #270 of 464
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

A modern electronic album which is brilliantly recorded. Engineered by Bob Ludwig I think this is a classic in the making.
"Daft Punk spent four years and over a million dollars on their quest to revisit the golden age of record production." -soundonsound.com

Well you can hear it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back