Best quality headphones with built in mic
Feb 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

philip697

New Head-Fier
Can anyone tell me if there's any headsets out there with a built in mic (+ mute button) that are genuinely good sound quality? I'm replacing some old Creative Fatal1ty's and it's only since I've purchased some good quality in-ears for my phone that I've come to realise how bad they are. I can't bear to listen to my music through them any more. So yeah, I'm looking to replace them but I'd also use them for gaming and don't want to face the headache of trying to rig a clip-on mic or whatever, so I'd rather just have one built in and would really need a mute button on them as well.

If there's just no good options out there for this, then I guess I'd better look into how to sort a separate mic out :wink:

Cheers guys

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Can anyone tell me if there's any headsets out there with a built in mic (+ mute button) that are genuinely good sound quality? I'm replacing some old Creative Fatal1ty's and it's only since I've purchased some good quality in-ears for my phone that I've come to realise how bad they are. I can't bear to listen to my music through them any more. So yeah, I'm looking to replace them but I'd also use them for gaming and don't want to face the headache of trying to rig a clip-on mic or whatever, so I'd rather just have one built in and would really need a mute button on them as well.

If there's just no good options out there for this, then I guess I'd better look into how to sort a separate mic out :wink:

Cheers guys

Heya,

Beyer MMX 300
Sennheiser PC360

Otherwise, get a good headphone and get a simple ModMic by AntLion and mount it.

Very best,

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks mate.

I look into the ModMic's, but they don't seem to have a mute button, and I guess it would mean another wire dangling around. An option though. I'm leaning towards the PC360's (as those MMX 300's look a bit expensive) - how close to, say, the Grado SR80i's are they in terms of sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back