Best power conditioning for <$150
Nov 20, 2004 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

S_Dedalus

1000+ Head-Fier
What would you guys recommend as the best 'bang for the buck' power conditioner preferably for under $150. Which would be a bigger improvement, spending half of that on the conditioning, and half on cables, or just using regular IEC cables, and getting a better conditioner?
Thanks

Nov 20, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 12
I highly recommend the oneac CP11XX series. I recently got a cp1110 off ebay and the improvements were far less subtle than I expected. HUGE drop in background "fuzz", which made instrument separation that much better. I didn't notice a drop in dynamics by switching to a power conditioner ( as opposed to plugging directly into the wall ). Overall, a cost-effective upgrade
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2004 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 12
Probably one of the ownEacks... er ONEAC's

I have one myself but have nothing to plug into it now. Sort of like Biggies title.
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 12
Which current product of their's would fit best?
Also, are any of the conditioners sold at guitar center good for the price?

Nov 20, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 12
I haven't tried any of the furman units, but i also have a oneac cp1110 and it's fabulous. Haven't heard substantial differences with a powercord yet.

Nov 20, 2004 at 7:27 PM Post #6 of 12
I know that it's probably taboo to recommend any products from Monster Cable (sort of like Bose), but IMO their line conditioners are a bright spot in their linup. I'm not sure which models are presently being made, but I've had great results with both the HTS1000 and HTS2000. They can usually be found in the used market for under $100 at Audiogon, and they do exactly what they are designed to do: provide surge protection and get out of the way. You could spend the other $50 on cables of your choice.

Nov 20, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 12
Do a search for Monster PC1000, there have been many positive posts on it. it is the relabled (for PC users) version of the Monster HTS1000. The HTS version costs more b/c Home Theater ("HT") customers will apparently pay more for the same product.

It can/used to be found at buy.com for $60 --> link

Nov 20, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Probably one of the ownEacks...

Where did you get ownEack from? I thought it is One-A-C but don't take my word for it... I say one-ack though. :p

I know Spwal replaced a monster 1000 with a cp1105 oneac.

Biggie.

Nov 21, 2004 at 12:02 AM Post #9 of 12
like biggie, I call the ONEACs own-ee-acks too. and yes I know it is ONE-A-C, but thats just not as fun.

I have a 1107 and am happy with it, although I have been looking for another unit with higher amp rating and more outlets. But you people keep bidding up their prices too high, ruining my auctions. d4mn you all
tongue.gif

Nov 21, 2004 at 9:28 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanahachi
and yes I know it is ONE-A-C, but thats just not as fun

actually, it's not... tomek called the company to ask some other questions about the various models and asked about the pronounciation while he was at it... it is correctly pronounced own-e-ack
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2004 at 9:53 AM Post #11 of 12
I picked up a Monster HTS 2000 MKII brand new from a seller at Amazon for $125 last spring. My stereo equipment sounded a bit cleaner but my TV really improved. I mean a big difference in TV quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back