Best Possible Everyday CIEM with Mic ($1000-1500ish)

Best CIEM Brand

• Noble

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JH

• Lime Ears

• Ultimate Ears

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 19, 2018 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ceeloChamp

500+ Head-Fier
Hey All,

I have been cruising forums for quite some time now trying to find the ultimate everyday, mic + controls having CIEM, preferably Bluetooth too (optional). Currently I have to alternate between air pods and over-ear headphones (HD650 at home, HD1 on the go). I want to stop switching between the two and just have one pair of really nice CIEMs that does it all. I use the Airpods because that don't isolate very well and because of this I never have to take them out, I can talk to people with them in, listen to music and take phone calls...very convenient, but they sound terrible. I see that a lot of CIEMs now have the option to better hear ambient noise and I am interested in that, I also see that a lot have Bluetooth cables.

I listen to headphones all day. I am a software developer so I usually have them in for long stretches of time while I am coding, but I also am on a lot of phone meetings. Because of this it is mandatory that my headphones have a mic. I have owned quite a few headphones in the $300-500 range, and am ready to commit to a truly expensive pair, but I'm not willing to make the leap without some more personalized recommendations from you guys. I have owned various IEMs and currently have IE80s, but even after a re-wire the wire doesn't stay behind my ear and they don't stay in well.

I typically like headphones that are less analytic and precise but are instead deeper and warmer, think Blackhawk Carbon instead of HD800. I don't like a lean or tinny sound, but I don't like a bloated bass. I listen to as much electronic music as I do classical or indie and I listen to books-on-tape incessantly. I have previously held off on getting CIEMs because they are expensive and I'm worried they isolate noise too well, which isn't practical for me because I'd have to keep taking them out.

I have been looking at:
UE 11 pro
Lime Ears Aether
JH Ambient FR
Noble Dulce Bass or Django

OPENED TO ALL CUSTOM IEM RECOMMENDATIONS

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 2
I forgot to mention that my source will either be my IPhone X or either IPhone X and Dragonfly Red

Users who are viewing this thread

Back