Best Portable Headphones for Sansa Clip+
Nov 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Wittgenstein

New Head-Fier
Dear all

I have one of those unassuming little widgets by the bame of a Sansa Clip + and wondered what, if any, are the 'best' portable headphones that listeners have synergistically found?

I recently bought the V-Jays with the 40mm driver but find them extremely tizzy far too harsh. They're ok for general use on the laptop otherwise.

Thanking all...

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 12
I use my clip's with anything from my W4 to my CMK99's to my AKG K550. Works well with my beyer DT1350 and all of my budget phones such as the uptowns. To me it's a clean transparent sounding little guy.

Don't know about a specific iem or phone that excells with this device specifically.

Only thing I don't use it with are my 32ohm DT990 and my 250 ohm DT770 premium

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 12
Depends on the sound you're after and your budget. Just get something that is sensitive and you should be good. I loved my HifiMAN RE-ZERO ($69) for a balanced, detailed sound and they were very easy to drive with my Clip+. Check out the review threads for more choices.

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #4 of 12
Thank you gentlemen

The Audio Chi W4 look interesting indeed and perhaps a slight 'upgrade' from the industry standard PX 100s. The V-Jays I bought look very cool but somehow just don't go well with the Sansa. I just may have a punt on the W4s!!!

Cheers!!!

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 12
Thank you gentlemen

The Audio Chi W4 look interesting indeed and perhaps a slight 'upgrade' from the industry standard PX 100s. The V-Jays I bought look very cool but somehow just don't go well with the Sansa. I just may have a punt on the W4s!!!

Cheers!!!

Um... kinda hope you are kidding cuz I was talking about the Westone 4.

If its a joke, that is hilarious.... If, not... Wait...!!! Stop!!! Lol.

(honestly the audio chi could be the best sounding HP ever made I just would never know I never tried it)

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #6 of 12
Well I have the Fuze + which I think uses similar components and any good IEM or headphone with low impedance works fine with them.  I'm an IEM person and depending on what you want to spend and the kind of music you listen to along with what kind of sound signature your looking for so more info like that can help people make recommendations.

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #9 of 12
The impedance of the SM64 is in the 90s which is rather high for an iem. My Clip Zip drives them very well, with excellent bass response. There are only 3 or 4 songs in my library where I wish there was more volume.

The SM64 does have a fairly high sensitivity which helps their efficiency.

It would seem if you picked headphones under 50-60 Ohms you should be fine.

Aug 4, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #10 of 12
I have JVC HARX700's....not portable I know but they are 48ohms... I can drive them with Clip+ and Fiio E6 but not much room on the volume spectrum...have to have it up almost all the way ( including -5dB pre-cut) I would suggest between 16 and 32 ohms...

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #11 of 12
I use UE700 for portability and daily use. It is quite matching in musicality at all frequencies.
When I want more bass punch, I use Super lux HD381F, but the sound is less favorable.
At home, Ultrasound HFI450. Fuller sound, but warmer.

May 28, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #12 of 12
I use my clip's with anything from my W4 to my CMK99's to my AKG K550. Works well with my beyer DT1350 and all of my budget phones such as the uptowns. To me it's a clean transparent sounding little guy.

Don't know about a specific iem or phone that excells with this device specifically.

Only thing I don't use it with are my 32ohm DT990 and my 250 ohm DT770 premium

Does the clip+ not work well with your cans that have 32 ohm or more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back