1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best portable headphones for music and gaming?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by 00dan, Oct 14, 2012.
  1. 00Dan
    Hello everyone. New here, was looking for a new pair of headphones and was directed here so was lurking the past couple days. Anyway, I am in need of some new headphones that are portable, can be driven by an iphone 3gs, ipad 3, as well as used on my pc for gaming. I mostly listen to classic rock, some metal, and a little bit of everything else, minus rap/hip hop. Having phones that are good with all genres is a plus. I do intend to bring them out and use them in public (school, etc) so isolation in the form of not letting sound out is important, I don't care about letting outside sound in. Lastly, I hope to keep them under $200, closer to around 150 or so used. Thanks in advance for any recommendations. [​IMG]

2. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Sony MDR-V6, $65
    Also get the Beyerdynamic EDT200/250 V Velour ear pads ($23), makes the MDR-V6 very comfortable.
    If you do not have a sound card in your PC, get the Asus Xonar DG or DGX sound card.
    Comes with a half-way decent headphone amplifier and Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound

A refurb Creative X-Fi Titanium (non-HD) $45, is a good gaming card.
    CMSS-3D headphone surround sound, but not headphone amp.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102043

3. solserenade
    Quote:

I totally agree with that.