Best portable headphones for $10-$50
Jun 28, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #61 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Relayer71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OBVIOUSLY you are right and the many posters and reviewers in this and other forums/sites who have nothing but good things to say about these 2 (as far as low cost portable headphones go) are hearing-deficient.

If you think these are bad headphones, why don't you try to recommend a good pair of headphones under $50?
3000smile.gif

You probably feel that way because your ears have been spoiled by those high-end headphones =)

Jun 28, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #62 of 72
DaGreatAzn............. Relayer71 was being sarcastic....

Jun 28, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #64 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by boo54577 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So would you say the X3s have comparable sound quality to the PX100s?

I can't say for sure--I really only listened to the PX100s for a few minutes at Head-Fest, but they seemed better to me than KSC-75s. I have had a lot of time with KSC-75s, and I prefer my X3s to them now. Let me get back to you on that one--I haven't really compared them against each other for any long period of time. However, X3s are undoubtedly more detailed as the KSC-75s, but they don't have as much bass impact (but I still very much enjoy the X3 bass). I'll try and write up a more detailed comparison sometime here--and maybe I'll go get some PX100s to throw into the comparo as well. Sorry that that doesn't quite answer your question!

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #65 of 72
I'll 2nd the vote for the Equation Audio RP-15MC. I love mine. On the other hand, I've had a lot of fun listening to my JVC FX33 marshmallows, V-Moda Bass Freq, and the OVC TC20s. All of those last 3 were less than $30 after tax/shipping, and all have their strengths. It might be worth while to get something cheap like one of these, to see what you enjoy, and what you find lacking, and go from there. As most of us will admit to, your first set will most likely not be your last...

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #66 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Figure to name some? (only one I may take upon is the SJ5's because I've yet to hear them)
Please don't BS me with PX100's and PortaPros. Because they suck pretty bad IMO.

Also, the EH150's and the PortaPro's you've recommended don't even come close to touching the HP460's. Really, they don't. I'm beginning to doubt you even ever listening to them. But yet again, these are solely my opinions. I'm just being harsh because I've listened to them all and compared many against one another.

Edit: I've also seen some reviews on Amazon and disagree with some of them for several reasons. HP460's have "poorer" isolation because they're a "do or don't" pair of headphones. If your ears fit, they're awesome. If they don't, they don't. They're pads aren't mad of thick pleather, like the K81DJ's, either. Creaky construction has to be expected from something that's around $30 - $40 soundin' that good.

And some idiot reviewed the HP430, which isn't even close to it's older brother.

I owned the HP460--physically bought them, and returned them two weeks later. They had, flat out, the worst midrange I've ever heard in anything at all. They also had no deep bass response and instead pushed the upper bass. My UR20 topped or sidestepped them with everything, and I bought them for 15 bucks. eH150, HD205, K81DJ...a lot tops them. I ran tests through the 460's...they had over a 8dB gain in the mids. Just plain crap. And I didn't like the PX100's either--I find them bloated and with too sweet of a midrange. The PortaPros I found decent--warm bass and otherwise balanced, easily tops the HP460.

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #67 of 72
My pick is the Koss KSC-75. You really can't go wrong for the price. Only issue is they're open and everybody around you can hear what music you're listening too. :)

Jul 5, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #68 of 72
I was driving to the bank to today and I came across a radio shack and saw that they had KSC-75s in stock so I picked up a pair. Man, these sure are sweet headphones for $20! I think the next time I'll upgrade will be for $100+ headphones.
PS: the only thing i don't like about the KSC75 is the cheap foam pads they come with, is there a good replacement for them?

Jul 5, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #69 of 72
Received my ksc75's from steviebee today , popped them on a spare panasonic headband ( they fitted!) and are comfy as px100 now.

These are very fun sounding headphones.

Comparing them to the px100 (old) these are more energetic, somehow get you moving . It's just what your're in for. Relaxing or dancing
wink.gif
Both are great .

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #70 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by robert1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are very fun sounding headphones.

Comparing them to the px100 (old) these are more energetic, somehow get you moving . It's just what your're in for. Relaxing or dancing
wink.gif
Both are great .

Everybody says that when they hear 'em... They get you MOVING!

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #71 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaGreatAzn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, so basically the battle for me is now between the KSC75s and the PX100s. I know that ppl having been debating this since the beginning of time, but I want to know which headphones fit better with my music taste (R&B, ballads, pop, classical, and light rock)

KOSS KTX-Pro 1 - Right in between the PX100 and the KSC-75 sound
smily_headphones1.gif

I had to throw a wrench in the works,,,,but i own all of them (list in my profile).
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #72 of 72
I would, personally, pick the K81DJ. They are closed and they fold up nicely. The only thing I didn't like about them was that they were uncomfortable for my big head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back