Best place to buy tubes.
Jul 5, 2007 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Pangaea

Headphoneus Supremus
I'd like to upgrade some tubes on my LD2++ and I think the Sovtek 6C19 is the way to go... anyone know where the best place (price wise/customer service) and preferably in the States to get tube upgrades. I am looking for a website.

Also I need a set of power tubes and a set of preamp tubes to replace all 4 stock- correct?

Thanks in advance for the help...

Jul 5, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 12
I've said this before but I'll repeat it here. Asking someone for their good tube sources is akin to asking a fisherman for their favorite fishing holes. Some will give them up but most will not. Good luck!
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #3 of 12
I like Ebay due to the low prices and online feedback that is an incentive for the sellers to provide good customer service.

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 12
eBay is a great source of tubes.
You can find almost any kind of tube in there, and you might get a great deal as well.

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 12
Thanks fellas... looking now. Would you recommed the 6c19 as a good upgrade for the LD2++. I did read the thread on tube rolling but I thought the reviews were mixed on this one.

Jul 6, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 12
I have bought tubes from www.tubeworld.com (the tubes in my amp) and www.audiotubes.com (the tubes in my cd player). Both Brendan and Brent have been very helpfull as I don't know much about the subject but love the sound

Jul 6, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have bought tubes from www.tubeworld.com and www.audiotubes.com. Both Brendan and Brent have been very helpfull as I don't know much about the subject but love the sound

That pretty much sums up my situation. I feel like I have the potential to buy something that would blow up the LD2++
eek.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That pretty much sums up my situation. I feel like I have the potential to buy something that would blow up the LD2++
eek.gif

Be careful on ebay. Lots of scams to the unknowledgable. Boxes with wrong tubes, stenciled off-brands with premium labels, old tubes etc.

Jul 13, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #9 of 12
Also be careful of fake tubes. I have seen new (chinese)tubes relabled with vintage markings.

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #10 of 12
x2 on the recommendation for tubeworld.com. I bought a few tubes for my ear+ purist and they were very helpful and quick with shipment. Tubes came well packaged and as described.

Jul 14, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #11 of 12
Probably no one has any interest in scamming this tube. It's Russian and not in wide-spread use. If you find them on Ebay they probably will be cheaper and relatively OK. But a tube like this will generally go in large quantities.

The tube scammers are going after people who want the big-bucks tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back