Best Place to Buy Audio Technica m50?
Jun 23, 2010 at 8:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

JosephKim

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi.

I have decided to take a leap and buy my first pair of full-sized cans. I have narrowed it down to the ATH m50, but I want to make sure that I get it at the best price. I am a broke student so it is important to me that I spend the least amount of money possible. In fact I am still amazed that I decided to spend this much on audio! I have looked on Amazon where they are going for ~127 and on Ebay where they are going for ~100. Are there any other reputable sites that have them for less? Thank you so much for any help offered.

Joseph Kim

Jun 23, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #5 of 33

Quote:
The seller brianf on ebay has them for buy it now at 105 shipped but will accept an offer of 90.  He is an authorized dealer and several on the board have ordered from him.

If the seller has good feedback, you wont have any problems. 

Jun 23, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #7 of 33
These headphones sell like hot cakes.  Also I think I might have seen some privately listed headphones for sale by brianf, but I'm not sure how private listings on ebay work.

Jun 23, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #9 of 33
I got mine just last week on Amazon for $105. The price will come back down, I am sure. Give it a week.

Still a great set for $124 if you ask me, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #10 of 33
Many of your music stores like Guitar Center, Ted Brown Music, etc. will stock these.  Look for the bigger stores that sell guitars, pianos, etc.  They are quite popular with musicians too it seems :)

Jun 23, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #11 of 33

Quote:
Many of your music stores like Guitar Center, Ted Brown Music, etc. will stock these.  Look for the bigger stores that sell guitars, pianos, etc.  They are quite popular with musicians too it seems :)

I think my Guitar Center sells the M50 for $150, IIRC. Still, it's a good place to audition if you've never heard it before.

Jun 23, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #12 of 33
Got mine from an Amazon. At the time it was $109.

Jun 23, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #13 of 33
Guitar Center will price match. I spoke to an employee over the phone and he confirmed that if I show him a reputable web site price he will match it(no ebay). I've got 2 to show him. One is an authorized dealer according to the Audio Technica official site and the other I'm not sure of, but it's a couple of bucks cheaper so I'm trying that one first. The M50S is cheaper so I'll probably end up with that.

Authorized dealer with link from AT:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Maybe authorized, no mention on AT:
http://geartree.com/

Jun 24, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #15 of 33
Nice price! I just got back from Guitar Center and they matched the $104 price from Geartree. The employee there called up to the Hollywood store to get a new one in a box shipped to my local store and while on the phone he was informed that the M50 isn't going to be in production any longer. Of course you can take that information with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back