Best Pink Floyd album besides Dark Side of The Moon and The Wall
May 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #16 of 55
Of the albums listed, I voted for WYWH. Honourable mention goes to Meddle and Animals.

On another note, got a pair of primo tickets to see Roger Waters perform The Wall in June for my 40th birthday a few days ago...very excited! The last (and only) Floyd concert I got to see was from their Division Bell tour (and of course, no Roger then).

May 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #18 of 55
Quote:
Of the albums listed, I voted for WYWH. Honourable mention goes to Meddle and Animals.

On another note, got a pair of primo tickets to see Roger Waters perform The Wall in June for my 40th birthday a few days ago...very excited! The last (and only) Floyd concert I got to see was from their Division Bell tour (and of course, no Roger then).

Holy crap.  I saw a pic taken with phone at the concert in Bay Area and it looks AMAZING.  Seriously.  One of those "once-in-a-lifetime" kind of shows.  Enjoy.

May 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #19 of 55
Quote:
Holy crap.  I saw a pic taken with phone at the concert in Bay Area and it looks AMAZING.  Seriously.  One of those "once-in-a-lifetime" kind of shows.  Enjoy.

Cool thanks! I've got the Live in Berlin version of The Wall (with David Bowie and Van Morrison), but I've always wanted to see it in person. Just one more month.
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #21 of 55
I refuse to go see the new stuff like The Wall Waters concert. I can't imagine remembering Pink Floyd songs with videos I can find on Youtube also bad to say but true, Waters sounds old.

Sorry PF, I have your old records, that's already a big gift and that's what I will keep.

May 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #25 of 55
Quote:
I really went into PF after seeing the movie "The Wall". And I think the second half is not so sad, as he finally find a way to break that wall...

I agree Meddle should be better known by people. This album was like "preparing" Dark Side, and it is really good, Echoes is a pure great moment.
By the way, try to see Live at Pompeii in DVD.

To have a good idea of differents good songs, Pulse is a good choice.

But Piper at the Gate of Down stays one of my favorite album. Interstellar overdrive is like candy for your ears.

I'm not very into Prog Rock, but I second Thick as a Brick as something to listen to.

Meddle is a great album, and one my favorites after DSotM. Meddle basically is the boundary line between old PF (songs) and the Roger Waters' PF. Side one is five songs, then you flip it over and you have "Echoes", one long, epic piece.

+1 on "Live at Pompeii". One of the best concert films I've seen.

May 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #26 of 55
Quote:

CEE TEE - definitely one of my favourite albums is Roger Waters "Amused To Death".  Worth checking out.  I tried to get into "The Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking" - but it never really connected with me. 

When PF went into the studio to record "The Wall", Roger Waters presented two demo tapes to the rest of the band - one was "The Wall", the other was "The Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking".

The rest, as they say, is history.

May 25, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #29 of 55
I feel like I'm in a minority that I didn't know of until now. The Wall is my favorite Pink Floyd album. 

As for it being sad...That's kind of the point. :D It's just so good. Hey You being my favorite PF track of all time. 

Also going to second the Alan Parsons recommendations. I Robot being my favorite...very very good stuff. 

Probably for me...The Wall, WYWH, DSOTM, then the rest are good but don't stand out to me as much. 

May 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #30 of 55
Animals is the only one I dont get bothered listening now and then, I prefer it to the Wall, DSOM is another story..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back