Best Pink Floyd album besides Dark Side of The Moon and The Wall
Jun 29, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #46 of 55
My vote's for WYWH, also "The Wall" isn't really a bonafide Pink Floyd album.. more of a cry for help from Mr Waters haha

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #47 of 55
Isnt there any love for Atom Heart Mother? I decided ti try it a few months back and really enjoyed it..

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #52 of 55
WYWH=Dark Side> The Wall

Jul 27, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #55 of 55
I'll go with another recommendation for the "Atom heart Mother". Not because it is my favorite, but because it should appeal to those who really appreciate an interesting recording - and I believe we are among audiophiles here. "Alan's psychedelic breakfast" is the obvious one, but my vote goes to "Summer 68". Listen to it very carefully on your best cans - there is one passage that absolutely will send the shivers down your spine: at about 3:20 into it you have piano in the right channel and guitar in the left converging into the center, and when they meet in the middle the trumpet section explodes. Amazing effect!

Speaking of other bands of the era: The Alan Parsons Project has already been mentioned here, but I haven't seen a word about the Pyramid, which I consider his most ambitious recording, with some quite amazing tracks like "In the lap of the gods".

Since someone mentioned one of the King Crimson albums: check out "Exposure" - a solo album of their leader Robert Fripp. Not as easy to listen to as PF, but some may enjoy breathtaking lyrics by Joana Walton, for example the very lyrical "North Star". You'll find there also a version of "Here comes the flood" sang by Peter Gabriel himself - only much better than on his own album. While there be amazed by the vocals on the title piece.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back