Best 'performance to cost ratio' iems and headphones
Jan 5, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #2 of 27
Depends, for 79 bucks I agree on the RE0, but that's only for people who love clarity and detail.  The stuff that meelectronics is putting out is giving amazing performance for their price.  Not better than re0, but far cheaper for an amazing sound still.

Jan 5, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 27
+1 for the Sunrise Xcape. Very near the performance of my beloved Fischer DBA-02's, already a great bang-per-buck IEM, at half the price. If I didn't have the DBA's, I'd be happy with Xcapes.

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #10 of 27
I think I'm going to have to go with Senn PMX 90's.

Bought them pretty much right after they came out in last October as I recall, after briefly trying the KSC 24's, and originally the sound felt really metallic, but now (because of burn-in or E5 that I use with them, don't know which) they sound pretty awesome. And they were practically free, standing at somewhere around 30-40€.

My only complaints are how easily they distort at high volumes (still able to get plenty of volume out of them, just missing that extra bit) and that they are fairly hard to drive for portable phones (30-something ohm).

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #13 of 27
Jan 6, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #15 of 27
For me, it's RE0.

On the basis of the price I paid, it would be Xears TD100-I/II (€15 and €20 respectively + €8 shipping), MEE M6 ($20 shipped), Xears XB120 ($18 shipped as I shared shipping with my friend) - all sound better than what their price suggests. Xears has no concept of MSRP. I've seen TD100-II sell at €20 and €90 weeks apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back