Best pair of headphones regardless of price
May 30, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #4 of 17
no, you got it all wrong.  he said REGARDLESS of price. 
tongue.gif

May 30, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 17
But you could sell them for so much! Think of resale. Then buy a bunch of other cans.

May 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 17
I have never seen them in person but from pictures and review (....and the suggested price tag). Sennheiser Orpheus! 

May 31, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:
Noobiiee said:

I have never seen them in person but from pictures and review (....and the suggested price tag). Sennheiser Orpheus! 

Quote:
Hahah, what the heck is that? It looks epic.

Obviously its the Sennheiser Orpheus (he mentions it in the text). They're also known as the HE-90s. If you think they're nice you better start saving; there's a pair of them in the FS forum, at the moment - the price is >8k (of course that's without the shiny HEV90 amp).

May 31, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #12 of 17
There is also the upcoming KGSS high voltage version likely coming out in the next year, which should cost about $500 to build supposedly.

May 31, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:
This. But I'd need it for free, because regardless of the money I have I wouldn't be spending $6k+ for a headphone/amp combo. That could feed I don't know how many starving families for a year.

The amp is already $6k (with the rk50)

Quote:
There is also the upcoming KGSS high voltage version likely coming out in the next year, which should cost about $500 to build supposedly.

I'd be ecstatic if I had the time and proficiency to build a kgsshv. Nonetheless I still might be interested when the boards come out.

And isnt it this year? (not next??)

May 31, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
This. But I'd need it for free, because regardless of the money I have I wouldn't be spending $6k+ for a headphone/amp combo. That could feed I don't know how many starving families for a year.

your HF2's could feed a lot of families too
evil_smiley.gif

I'd take an orpheus rig, and if I wasn't 100% satisfied, I would sell it and buy

HP1000 + melos
JH13pro
LCD2
O2mk1 + exstata
Digital back for my hasselblad
blink.gif

May 31, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #15 of 17
Definitely a Sennheiser Orpheus system - yummy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back