Best Pad for RS-1
May 27, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi
Flats: "gasp"; yes Todd's flats are the preferred way to go because the RS-1 has anemic bass at times. Besides this is how it was meant to be in the first place.

Weren't the newer RS1 drivers tweaked for the bowls when they switched over
confused.gif

May 27, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
I love it when people speak in terms of universal absolutes when talking about their own personal preference.
rolleyes.gif

Maybe I should have clarified "my" statement by replacing "the" with "my" before the word preferred, or maybe not. One could deduce that "my" writ did not contain any "terms of universal absolutism" by observing context; i.e. looking at the polled results.
rolleyes.gif

May 27, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Maybe I should have clarified "my" statement by replacing "the" with "my" before the word preferred, or maybe not. One could deduce that "my" writ did not contain any "terms of universal absolutism" by observing context; i.e. looking at the polled results.
rolleyes.gif

Your post was nothing but absolutes (from your universe I suppose): "Todd's flats are the preferred way to go" and "Besides this is how it was meant to be in the first place." I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but if you didn't mean it that way then it would be a good idea to write it differently next time.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 28, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
Your post was nothing but absolutes (from your universe I suppose): "Todd's flats are the preferred way to go" and "Besides this is how it was meant to be in the first place." I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but if you didn't mean it that way then it would be a good idea to write it differently next time.
smily_headphones1.gif

You probably are trying to pick a fight with me, but I'll tell you what, you're probably right!
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Flats are still the "best" though.

May 28, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

You probably are trying to pick a fight with me, but I'll tell you what, you're probably right!
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Flats are still the "best" though.

Hehe. Only if you prefer a bottom end that's nothing but one-note thumping mush.
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

May 29, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #36 of 36
i tried the stock bowl and i need a higher volume to get what a reversed bowl does.. With the bowl i got more soundstage, better high and more refined mids.. however the bass slam decrease..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back