Best of MTV Unplugged (or similar)
Jun 4, 2009 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

s_nyc

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I just enjoy listening to those unplugged albums too much. Small sets, small public, great sound, great interaction between singer and public, etc. That said, I have only 3 of those right now: Clapton, Nirvana and Lauryn Hill.

Would you be able to throw in a few recommendations of other "unmissable" unplugged albums? (does not necessarily need to be from the MTV sessions)

Thanks!

Jun 4, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permagrin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Side note: I wasn't aware of the Internet Archive until recently. It contains many live recordings only by band approval available for download in lossy or lossless formats.

Incredible stuff, thanks!!

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #6 of 24
Alice In Chains and Nirvana are to die for. Great music and sounding recording.

Jun 5, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #7 of 24
[size=xx-small]Quite a bit of info already posted...[/size]

Like the thread called The MTV "The Unplugged" Thread.

There are others. Try a search.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 24
If you like REO Speedwagon, they did an excellent unplugged set for XM Radio some time ago. When their latest album, Find Your Own Way Home, was first released, it included a bonus DVD of that acoustic performance. Unfortunately I don't know if that package with the bonus disc is still available.

Jun 5, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #9 of 24
Foo Fighters Skin and Bones

Pearl Jam's Benaroya Hall which is mostly acoustic. Hopefully their Mtv unplugged gets a proper release sometime soon now that the DVD is out.

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #12 of 24
Just thought of another one: Duo by Richard Marx and Matt Scannell. Matt Scannell is the lead singer of Vertical Horizon and Richard Marx is... well, Richard Marx. The album features acoustic versions of several of their best-known songs as well as a new song that they wrote together. Richard and Matt have excellent chemistry and they sound great together. The harmonies are spot-on, as is the guitar playing. However, note that this is a studio album, so if you're only looking for live stuff, this won't fit the bill.

Jun 5, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have to hear alice in chains unplugged. That one wins them all IMO.

Mmh.. I'll pick a copy of this one over the weekend I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back