Best Mids of them all
Apr 24, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #16 of 21
Other - JH-13 Pro
Of those I have heard that is.

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #18 of 21
X2 @ Anaxilus....

Apr 24, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #19 of 21
@ ERICP , hi buddy ive got a santana album now, MOONFLOWER.....

After having the ortos in my ears all of today i now beleive there mids sound better than the se530. Using the stock tips on the ortos i found there bass too week and there mids stood out to much and had a harder sound to them that was a little fataging, having changed tips after a couple of hrs this morning to the large senn double flange its much better, giving the bass more body and soul and at the same time mellowing the mids and making them softer leaving them quite lush and engaging, piano is simply lovely on the ortos and stings and guitar ,very nice too.

Ive always really liked the ortos treble and the way they do cymbals.

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally dont feel the 530's can match the Orto's or MD's especially in dynamics or body. I'd love to hear the FX700's but they are open IEM's so not a purchase I would make. My friend has personally ditched his 3 year old 530's in favor of the Coppers, I think Shure has to play catch up now.

I haven't heard MD, but I don't think SE530 looses out to the e-Q7 or any other IEM I've owned and auditioned in mids or dynamics. In fact, to my ears SE530 is by far the most dynamic IEM I've heard to date and has the most liquid and realistic midrange. Not even the custom ES3X can match SE530 in these areas IMO. But then I also think e-Q7 sounds more dynamic and has better mids than ES3X. So to each their own.

Apr 26, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard MD, but I don't think SE530 looses out to the e-Q7 or any other IEM I've owned and auditioned in mids or dynamics. In fact, to my ears SE530 is by far the most dynamic IEM I've heard to date and has the most liquid and realistic midrange. Not even the custom ES3X can match SE530 in these areas IMO. But then I also think e-Q7 sounds more dynamic and has better mids than ES3X. So to each their own.

Was this from the 4-5x's out of 1,000 you got a perfect fit? I certainly haven't heard an IEM that matches the MD for decay, resonance or timbre yet. I would like to hear the FX700's though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back