Best match for K271 - 200€ ?
Nov 30, 2009 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

moonshake

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there,
Been reading a lot of posts about amping K271´s but it seems it´s hard to find a perfect sinnergy amp for these cans.
I´m using PC - Xonar D2 as source and I really like the mellow sound of Xonar opamps. The thing is, sometimes, it lacks of volume and the cans beg for a little power bump.
Was thinking about a Penguin Caffeine, an Arietta / Swing, Heed Canamp, Graham Slee Novo, etc. or any other desktop amp I can buy from Europe sellers in order to avoid customs.
My budget is about 200€, what do you think?

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #3 of 9
Yes, I like them unamped too but in some cases, at least with the Xonar, they need more juice. May be a little cmoy can do the job.
Can I ask what kind of improvement did you get recabling these cans? Zu, Sweetcome...?

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #5 of 9
Once upon a time, back when I owned them - they worked for me (using computer as source) by enhancing their bass with a Portaphile maxxed, which was used with a wallwart.

Dec 3, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 9
Thx BushGuy..
Went to Portaphile´s web and they´re 275$ + 5 $ shipping at the US (not in stock right now). It has to be a good portable amp for that price.
I can get a used Arietta for 150€ here in Spain. The price is good but I don´t know if it is a good pair for the K271. Maybe I can look for a built mini3 in the for sale forum too.
- ...or go for a Heed Canamp if I can sell my Squier Telecaster Standard -
I´d be good if some K271 user can recommend THE budget amp for these wonderfull cans, or at least witch one gives him/her good results.

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #7 of 9
I´m about to push the button for a Novo for about 250€ Do you think I´d be a got match for the K271 and a future-proof amp for driving K701?
Other posibilities are the Meier Corda Swing at 245€, looking for a mini3 or Ck2III on the FS forum or going straight to the Heed Canamp for more than 340€ if it´s worth it.
I´d appreciate your thoughts please!

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Out of your latest options, CKK-III is best.

Did you have the opportunity to test this amp with your K271? I´d appeciate if you can shortly describe how this combination sounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back