Best "mastered" albums of the decade?
Sep 24, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #106 of 235
Just want to add one to the list...

The mastering on "Sensuous" by Japanese artist Cornelius is one of my newer faves. Great songs and production as well (his other albums are great too, ranging from quiet synth stuff to art metal). A highly enjoyable listen.

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #110 of 235

Quote:
from where can I download the Guitar Hero version?

Don't get too excited. Although it's not brickwalled and does sound better than the retail CD, it's still a sonic turd.

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #111 of 235

Quote:
Don't get too excited. Although it's not brickwalled and does sound better than the retail CD, it's still a sonic turd.

hahaha this makes me wonder what a sonic turd might look like
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #112 of 235

Quote:

hahaha this makes me wonder what a sonic turd might look like
biggrin.gif

You really never know until you listen. Some waveforms might be fully brickwalled - just a solid block all the way through - and sound decent - one of Sheryl Crow's albums comes to mind but I can't remember the title. Others look very dynamic and sound like crap - like GH III Death Magnetic. It all depends on the production quality and mastering quality.

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #113 of 235
I think the Hush Sound and Vampire Weekend have fairly well-mastered albums. They're not the best they could be, of course, but relatively speaking I think it's pretty good. Just thought I'd chime in.

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #116 of 235
I am listening to a recent double-LP pressing of Radiohead's OK Computer and it seems cleanly mastered with good-quality vinyl.

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #117 of 235

Quote:
I am listening to a recent double-LP pressing of Radiohead's OK Computer and it seems cleanly mastered with good-quality vinyl.

I have that as well. Ron McMaster did a great job with those Radiohead LP's!

Dec 20, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #118 of 235
I am quite a newb in the Hi-Fi and high quality recordings, but I find Pain of Salvation's "12:5" to be particularily enthralling especially considering its a live album...

Anyone agree with me? ( I'm curious to know if I can spot a good quality recording lol)

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #119 of 235
now if i told you this was a track from a metal album released in 2010 would you believe me?

Screenshot-07ABannerDrenchedInBlood1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back