Best Live (recording quality) last 10 years
Sep 22, 2005 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

chrisfromalbany

Headphoneus Supremus
I was looking for some suggestions are great live albums of the past ten years. Again this would have to be great performance and great quality recording as well.

Thanks

-Chris

A number of the MTVs unplugged come to mind and some DMB live albums as well.

Sep 22, 2005 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 34
Sep 22, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 34
Alison Krauss Live SACD Hybrid

Sep 22, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 34
Well there are a ton of live classical recordings of course, but here's a non-classical sample-

Dave Mathews/Tim Reynolds Live at Luther College.

I agree with the Alison Krauss SACD Hybrid suggestion.

Nothin' wrong with a remastered AC/DC LIVE!

Sep 22, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #5 of 34
Gov't Mule - Deepest End
Gov't Mule - Live with a Little Help From Our Friends
Sting - Live at Ovens Auditorium (oh, wait, that wasn't a commercial release
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Well there are a ton of live classical recordings of course, but here's a non-classical sample-

Dave Mathews/Tim Reynolds Live at Luther College.

I'm not a huge Mathews fan but that CD is awesome. I can listen to Stream for the 1,000th time and it will never get old. Hmm going to go listen to it now
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #8 of 34
Live in Paris - Diana Krall

Sep 22, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #11 of 34
Anything from Mapleshade Records.

While they only have a few 'live with audience' recordings their entire catalogue is recorde 'live' in the same room, single take, on a two track recorder. With everything modded out and done to exacting audiophile standards, for example no cables over 15' and everything run off of batteries.

The result is amazing recordings that put you in the room.

Others I can recommend are:

Alison Krauss Live
Jonathan Richman in Central Park (2000) - ridiculously good audience recording & my favourite jojo disc
Jeff Buckley Glastonbary Festival June 24, 95 - Best live buckley I have ever heard.

Sep 22, 2005 at 8:48 PM Post #13 of 34
A second for 'Live in Paris' - Diana Krall and a... um... fourth for Alison Krauss. Both great performances with outstanding sonics. A couple of sentimental favorites are 'Live - A Delicate Sound of Thunder' - Pink Floyd and '1200 Curfews' - Indigo Girls, but Floyd is over 10 years old, and Indigo Girls JUST squeaks in under that time limit.

Sep 23, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #15 of 34
Porcupine Tree - Warszawa

This is right up there with the Dave Matthews recording from Luther College and Red Rocks. Definately one of my late night favorites
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back