Best keyboards for gaming!
Apr 1, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #166 of 275
haha yeah, it was more along the lines of a "let's make some constructive posts to get past the initial user restrictions" type deal.

and don't feel sorry - i've had the keyboard for around two years now and i love it!
I LOVE my Ducky TKL w/ Blues... :wink:

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #167 of 275
nice! the primarily reason i went with the noppoo choc is because the condensed size. i really like how the F key row is flush with the row below it (there is no space between it at all) - it makes them a lot more accessible for gaming:D

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #168 of 275

Quote:
The market is too small for ergonomic, the market is massive for gaming keyboards. I tend to tilt my keyboard after playing games for a while and it generally isn't my left hand that's in pain but my right hand controlling my mouse the whole time.

That is contradictory. If people really buy keyboards with gaming in mind the market is there for rel keyboards made for gaming... As for mouse at least there is more options here in regard of size and shape. I do have one with pistol grip which is better ergonomically though the sensor is not the best on it and it takes some readaptation lol

I guess it´s  a case of failed advertizing. There is not many that buy the real deal that go back to regular keyboards.

Another pro is I can now game in bed, cockpit or sofa. Particularly the cockpit is king because I have shifter mounts I can adjust fully so I can lean back in my recliner and just be king of the world.

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #169 of 275
Quote:

That is contradictory. If people really buy keyboards with gaming in mind the market is there for rel keyboards made for gaming... As for mouse at least there is more options here in regard of size and shape. I do have one with pistol grip which is better ergonomically though the sensor is not the best on it and it takes some readaptation lol

I guess it´s  a case of failed advertizing. There is not many that buy the real deal that go back to regular keyboards.

Another pro is I can now game in bed, cockpit or sofa. Particularly the cockpit is king because I have shifter mounts I can adjust fully so I can lean back in my recliner and just be king of the world.

I don't think that the market for ergonomic game pads doesn't exist just that there aren't many people that want one. I wouldn't mind trying an ergonomic game pad if my left wrist starting sucking as bad as my right wrist and if they weren't so expensive. Saw on the razer site their orbweaver is a mechanical game pad which is cool, just $130 for one is pretty steep and I could buy a full mechanical keyboard for that price.

Right now in term of my right wrist, so far my doctor has confirmed it's only tendinitis right now. Was mostly a result of poor positioning when I played a lot of mmos last year. Personally I've changed my layout a fair bit with my wrist in mind to not mess it up even more.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Apr 1, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #170 of 275

Quote:
I don't think that the market for ergonomic game pads doesn't exist just that there aren't many people that want one. I wouldn't mind trying an ergonomic game pad if my left wrist starting sucking as bad as my right wrist and if they weren't so expensive. Saw on the razer site their orbweaver is a mechanical game pad which is cool, just $130 for one is pretty steep and I could buy a full mechanical keyboard for that price.

Right now in term of my right wrist, so far my doctor has confirmed it's only tendinitis right now. Was mostly a result of poor positioning when I played a lot of mmos last year. Personally I've changed my layout a fair bit with my wrist in mind to not mess it up even more.

Razer is good at asking a lot on money on crap that doesn´t hold up so dunno about that too.

The Nostromo N52 I got was a lot cheaper but as mentioned low quality also. The Logitech one is probably quite okay but the layout is not as good as the Fang Gameboard I feel.

I think the market is there but the advertizing is wrong so people don´t realize it´s that they are after instead of a regular keyboard... It´s a bit like 24p for cinema. It´s an awefully crappy standard but folks are so used to it some believe it´s actually good and that 50/60 hz material have an unnaturally good flow :)

I wouldn´t mind playing a bit extra for quality. My beloved Fang Gameboard was a bit to cheap I would preferr paying more for a more bullitproof design :)

Apr 1, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #171 of 275
Quote:

Razer is good at asking a lot on money on crap that doesn´t hold up so dunno about that too.

The Nostromo N52 I got was a lot cheaper but as mentioned low quality also. The Logitech one is probably quite okay but the layout is not as good as the Fang Gameboard I feel.

I think the market is there but the advertizing is wrong so people don´t realize it´s that they are after instead of a regular keyboard... It´s a bit like 24p for cinema. It´s an awefully crappy standard but folks are so used to it some believe it´s actually good and that 50/60 hz material have an unnaturally good flow :)

I wouldn´t mind playing a bit extra for quality. My beloved Fang Gameboard was a bit to cheap I would preferr paying more for a more bullitproof design :)

Reviews on newegg for the orbweaver are more or less negative, I commend razer for trying mechanical switches in it even if they are most likely losing money on it. They do look rather interesting, perhaps if the orbweaver dropped it's price by more than half I'd try it since I'm not willing to go back to rubber dome keyboards.

I am pretty content with my keyboard, I do hope more ergonomic gamepads get made to lower the cost of them.

A friend of mine has brought up the nostromo as he thought it looked pretty neat but the price was a real deal breaker for him. Since you really like the fang gameboard I'll tell him about as I think he still might be looking for a gamepad.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 1, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #172 of 275
It´s not in production anymore it appears. Steelseries bought Fang I believe?

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #173 of 275
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I absolutely LOVE the Steelseries MercStealth:

It has a nifty game pad type thing on the left and it's perfect for any type of gaming.  
Also..it lights up! (which is super exciting to me haha) it has 3 colors: red, blue, or purple with varying degrees for brightness.
It also has that heavy durability feel to it, hard to explain.  You type on it and you know that it's not going to break easily.  I've had to replace it twice because I wore down the keys so much xD but nothing has ever gone wrong with them in the 9 years that I've used them.

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #174 of 275
Quote:
Was mostly a result of w****** last year.

I fixed that for you. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #175 of 275
Quote:
I fixed that for you. 
biggrin.gif

Curses, I've been revealed.
Quote:
It´s not in production anymore it appears. Steelseries bought Fang I believe?

Ahh, I see. So it looks like the the merc is the fang combined with a full size keyboard. Pretty neat looking.

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #176 of 275
I ended up getting and sticking with the Azio Levetron Mech4 Gaming Keyboard (KB588U)

Great for customization!  Here is a link to my Review I wrote on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1MOJR0AYF86F5/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0060G2W5O&nodeID=541966&store=pc

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #177 of 275
Quote:
IMO bang! for buck is in the Logitech Deluxe (250) series. Just ordered a new one. This time USB instead of ye olde PS/2.

Edit: Well, that order did not go too well. Had a K120 delivered to my house instead :\ It's practically the same board though with the exception of the keys seated a bit lower. Can't be arsed to sent it back so gon give this one a whirl.

To give some feedback on the K120 keyboard: not recommended for gaming. Not sure what to call the finish of the keys but they get slippery when wet. In a longer gaming session the keyboard hand seems to get a little sweaty so I loose grip. Just use for surfing or office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back