Best keyboards for gaming!
Mar 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #136 of 275
Quote:
Awaiting shipping on a Corsair K60 from NCIX to replace my failed G15. This will be my first mechanical keyboard since the ancient IBM's... Hopefully the MX Red's are not too loud, to drive the wife crazy...
biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Mechanicals are always loud. Sounds like a machine gun when you type anywhere near 50wpm and above

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #137 of 275
Mechanicals are always loud. Sounds like a machine gun when you type anywhere near 50wpm and above
Not if you don't bottom out, and he's getting reds, which don't click. :wink:

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #139 of 275
Once you get a mechanical keyboard you can't go back (at least I can't).  Right now I use a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate on my gaming desktop and a WASD with Cherry MX Browns and O-rings on my work PC (to avoid pissing off everyone else in the office with the noise).  Seriously considering replacing the Blackwidow with a CM Storm Trigger (MX Browns).

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #141 of 275
Quote:
I personaly don't like Razers build quality

I've heard that a lot but I've had fairly good luck with them.  I have had a key "stick" on my Blackwidow a few times but it happens so rarely I usually forget about it.  I have an original Naga mouse that saw years of abuse before I quit playing WoW that's held up quite well.  The old Lycosa keyboard I used to have did have a pretty lousy typing feel though.

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #142 of 275
I'm a big Razer fan but I have to go with the Microsoft Sidewinder X6 - best keyboard ever and not only for games but also for work. And I just love the red light between the buttons - they look like they're floating. As far as durability goes I've used it for 10-15 hours a day for the past 5 years or so.

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #144 of 275
Anybody have a chance to run the new (as of 2013) Logitech® G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard yet?  Judging from the Website detail photos, this model apparently packs Cherry® MX Browns.  Not exactly a G15 replacement but, in my estimation, definitely a contender for a 'puter running the just-out-of-the-gate Microsoft® Windows® 8.0.10000 (MultiProcessor Kernel 6.2.9200), in addition to a potential improvement for my Asus® CM1630-06 with EAH6850 DirectCU® video and XONAR® audio, which still runs Windows® 7.0.8001 (MultiProcessor Kernel 6.1.7601).

Mar 12, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #145 of 275
Anybody have a chance to run the new (as of 2013) Logitech® G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard yet?  Judging from the Website detail photos, this model apparently packs Cherry® MX Browns.  Not exactly a G15 replacement but, in my estimation, definitely a contender for a 'puter running the just-out-of-the-gate Microsoft® Windows® 8.0.9000 (MultiProcessor Kernel, unknown whether 6.2.8800 or 8.0.9000), in addition to a potential improvement for my Asus® CM1630-06 with EAH6850 DirectCU® video and XONAR® audio, which still runs Windows® 7.0.8001 (MultiProcessor Kernel 6.1.7601).
meh, Browns are already too mushy with out dampening already...

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #147 of 275
I REALLY want an MX Black Filco or the like for gaming, but just can't justify it as I have MX Blues... :frowning2: I might get one of the Filco MX Blue TK pads, if I do the Microsoft excel dealio at HS next year though... or Topre if it's cheap enough... :p

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #148 of 275
Personally I don't think there is such a thing as a "best" keyboard for gaming as it's all down to user preference, I like my Razor Lycosa where as other people swear by the Roccat keyboards and other people hate them and prefer a simple cherry switch keyboard. Find one you like the look of, look at the reviews, if you like it buy it. Simple as that.

I'd like a Roccat Isku FX but that's becuase I like the pretty lights and not becuase I don't like the keyboard I've already got, because personally there is nothing wrong with it. 

Mar 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #149 of 275
First mechanical keyboard for me is the Cm Storm quick fire pro with red switches. At first didn't like red switches too much compared to blues and didn't like that only half the keyboard lit up but I think this keyboard has grown on me. Now I'm thinking of going for Tt esports meka g1 prime edition with brown switches whenever it comes out.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #150 of 275
Personally I don't think there is such a thing as a "best" keyboard for gaming as it's all down to user preference, I like my Razor Lycosa where as other people swear by the Roccat keyboards and other people hate them and prefer a simple cherry switch keyboard. Find one you like the look of, look at the reviews, if you like it buy it. Simple as that.

I'd like a Roccat Isku FX but that's becuase I like the pretty lights and not becuase I don't like the keyboard I've already got, because personally there is nothing wrong with it. 
Have you tried any mech keyboards? I have the Lycosa, and I hate it now (Sorry for bursting your bubble... :p) that I've gotten my Duck MX Blues... If you want, I'm selling it! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back