Best keyboards for gaming!
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #151 of 275
Quote:
Have you tried any mech keyboards? I have the Lycosa, and I hate it now (Sorry for bursting your bubble... :p) that I've gotten my Duck MX Blues... If you want, I'm selling it!
wink.gif

Personally no I haven't properly tried one but I have had a quick fiddle with a few of my friends keybaords. To me a keyboard is a keyboard. I'd only go for one that fully lights up now as I play in the dark quite a bit so would need to see the keys. :wink:

Mar 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #152 of 275
Personally no I haven't properly tried one but I have had a quick fiddle with a few of my friends keybaords. To me a keyboard is a keyboard. I'd only go for one that fully lights up now as I play in the dark quite a bit so would need to see the keys. :wink:
I use back lighting a lot too. If you go to geekhack, people have so many keyboards it is insane, like some guys have around 8! And they are super expensive none the less!

Mar 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #153 of 275
I use back lighting a lot too. If you go to geekhack, people have so many keyboards it is insane, like some guys have around 8! And they are super expensive none the less!

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #154 of 275
Definitely comes down to individual preference.

I have a mechanical keyboard by Max Keyboard with Cherry MX Red switches. I also like the weight of mechanical keyboards. They won't get sliding around. during intense gaming.

Mar 30, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #157 of 275
Actually the black widow is a fairly decent keyboard to game on, the only problem is unless you get the stealth one, they use cherry MX blues which are the clicky as screw keys.  I personally like blues because I'm a light finger typist and the sound is just awesome, but people who game with me don't like hearing the click click click over the microphone.  If you want a quieter keyboard with very good response, then go with a keyboard that uses mx browns if you don't bottom out keys (press them all the way down every time you hit a key) or blacks if you do.

Also a side note, I would personally try to become a touch typist, then you save a few bucks by not needing backlights on the keyboard, instead you will have the muscle memory to type even while you are watching tv (I'm guilty of typing school papers like this)

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #158 of 275
Never used a razer blackwidow but it is a pretty popular keyboard. I've had issues in the past in particular with razer mice dying a day after getting them so I don't particularly recommend their lower end stuff, hard to mess up a cherry mx switch keyboard though. Looked on google at them though.

Those f-keys, they're so far to the right!

Also thinking about trying either blues or browns for my next mechanical, might try getting o-rings to dampen the sound. Anybody use them?
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/cherry-mx-rubber-switch-dampeners.html

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #159 of 275
Regarding the key placements you will get used to it after awhile, that's the nice thing about the human brain, it adapts so well.  And if you want a mechanical keyboard and you don't want the clicky noises, don't get a dampener, just get black switches, most people bottom out the keys while gaming anyway and if you are one of those rare people who don't do that, then the browns will work just fine because if you don't bottom out the you don't hear the click.

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #160 of 275
Think that might just be my personal gripe about the blackwidow would be the f-keys, other than that I don't have anything much else against it. I don't recommend people on getting the cheaper razer mice when they come asking me about peripherals but I wouldn't have anything bad to say on my part about their blackwidows.

Tried black switches in the past, hated them, felt so stiff was like using a rubber dome keyboard. I personally don't mind the click sounds and for the most part have gotten used to my reds bottoming out. Next keyboard I want either blues or browns for their tactile switch, I just don't want to bother my brother in the next room with my keyboard. So I'm likely leaning towards getting a brown switch, possibly a tenkeyless while I'm at it.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 31, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #161 of 275
I don't understand those that still buy regular keyboards for gaming. They are just not ergonomic. My first keyboard diss was the nostromo n52. Not the highest quality but wow what an improvement being able to position it where my hand would be naturally.

Easier to remember the button locations to and no hand cramps. Buttons started to act up though and felt I could make use of more. Got a fang game board. A hord of buttons so more of a learning curve but more versatile and better feel to it.

Sickly enough it's not in production only saitek and logitech offer alternatives but there is a million more or less pointless gaming keyboards??

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #163 of 275
i use the noppoo choc mini 84 w/ cherry mx blue swithes. had it for about two years now - love it!
First post on an Audiophile forum was about keyboards! :D Sorry about your wallet!

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #164 of 275
Quote:
I don't understand those that still buy regular keyboards for gaming. They are just not ergonomic. My first keyboard diss was the nostromo n52. Not the highest quality but wow what an improvement being able to position it where my hand would be naturally.

Easier to remember the button locations to and no hand cramps. Buttons started to act up though and felt I could make use of more. Got a fang game board. A hord of buttons so more of a learning curve but more versatile and better feel to it.

Sickly enough it's not in production only saitek and logitech offer alternatives but there is a million more or less pointless gaming keyboards??

The market is too small for ergonomic, the market is massive for gaming keyboards. I tend to tilt my keyboard after playing games for a while and it generally isn't my left hand that's in pain but my right hand controlling my mouse the whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back