Best keyboards for gaming!
Oct 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #107 of 275
Best typing keyboard? :) I have a CmStorm Quickfire Rapid with blue switches atm

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #109 of 275
Best gaming keyboard IMO is hands down the Logitech G19. It's a little pricey but packed with features and has updates for new games and applications to work with the remarkable LCD screen.

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #110 of 275
any keyboard that can press 7 keys at the same time without modifier keys with red or white LED? thanks!

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #111 of 275
Quote:
any keyboard that can press 7 keys at the same time without modifier keys with red or white LED? thanks!

either you game with both hands on the keyboard or one of your hands has too many digits
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #112 of 275
I used to own the original Logitech G15, but my brother accidentally it.

If you have the desk space it really is a fantastic keyboard unless you're the one who likes the more flush rubberized keys.

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #113 of 275
I used to own the original Logitech G15, but my brother accidentally it.
If you have the desk space it really is a fantastic keyboard unless you're the one who likes the more flush rubberized keys.

I'm researching possible replacements for one of my two G15v2's and am actually gunning for, if possible, an IBM System/85-compatible 104- or 122-key with, ideally, Cherry® MX Blue™ mechanicals in lieu of the Unicomp® buckling-spring/membrane technology, as those IBM® Model F™ models are getting awfully scarce.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #114 of 275
Quote:
Best gaming keyboard IMO is hands down the Logitech G19. It's a little pricey but packed with features and has updates for new games and applications to work with the remarkable LCD screen.

wow $129 is nothing... head over to the Mechnical Keyboard thread :D there's expensive. But I still love my Mx Cherry Browns for gaming, and My mouse is used more than my key board, since my Board lacks extra keys xD just the Num Pad... 

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #115 of 275
I have a CM Storm Trigger with black switches that I like.  I originally ordered the Quickfire Pro and it came late and had an old firmware that had compatibility issues with my motherboard so I contacted a rep on some forums I frequent and he was kind enough to process the RMA and send me the upgrade for free.  It's a touch larger than I wanted, has a single row of macro keys on the left I'll never use, but is full red led with a very nice construction so I'm extremely satisfied (as I always have been with Coolermaster).

To me the biggest challenge with going mechanical is that, if you work in the technology field, you are constantly using terrible keyboards.  So while I know how nice my keyboard at home is, I have a hard time getting used to it because I spend 10 hours a day working on other machines that don't have mechanical keyboards.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #116 of 275
Quote:
I have a CM Storm Trigger with black switches that I like.  I originally ordered the Quickfire Pro and it came late and had an old firmware that had compatibility issues with my motherboard so I contacted a rep on some forums I frequent and he was kind enough to process the RMA and send me the upgrade for free.  It's a touch larger than I wanted, has a single row of macro keys on the left I'll never use, but is full red led with a very nice construction so I'm extremely satisfied (as I always have been with Coolermaster).

To me the biggest challenge with going mechanical is that, if you work in the technology field, you are constantly using terrible keyboards.  So while I know how nice my keyboard at home is, I have a hard time getting used to it because I spend 10 hours a day working on other machines that don't have mechanical keyboards.

Ahh, that's no  fun! 

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #117 of 275
I prefer Cherry red switches on a Mechanical keyboard for gaming, I find black switches have a little to much resistance for my liking and I prefer the feel of a linear switch vs a switch with a tactile bump for the purpose of gaming. I am currently using a Noppoo Choc Mini with blue switches but plan to buy a Filco Tenkeyless with red switches. 

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #118 of 275
Quote:
I prefer Cherry red switches on a Mechanical keyboard for gaming, I find black switches have a little to much resistance for my liking and I prefer the feel of a linear switch vs a switch with a tactile bump for the purpose of gaming. I am currently using a Noppoo Choc Mini with blue switches but plan to buy a Filco Tenkeyless with red switches. 

mmm Hawken Has Launched! Time to put my cherry MX browns to good use... again 

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #120 of 275
I'm currently using a DasKeyboard Model S, really love the tactile feel of those keyswitches.
Though I suppose that keyboard might be a little too slow for really fast FPSes (I don't really play those).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back