best interconnect for the bang? (better than bluejean)
Feb 9, 2008 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 144

TempleOfEar

Banned
hi guys im wanting to replace my old bluejean canare interconnects for something better. however it is my understanding that bluejeans offer the best bang for the buck. but i still want something better while not having to pay premium. can you guys help me out with some recommandation? thanks. oh also ill be selling the bluejean interconnects once i upgrade. theyre 3 feet length.

Feb 9, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 144
your budget?

Feb 9, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by TempleOfEar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi guys im wanting to replace my old bluejean canare interconnects for something better. however it is my understanding that bluejeans offer the best bang for the buck. but i still want something better while not having to pay premium. can you guys help me out with some recommandation? thanks. oh also ill be selling the bluejean interconnects once i upgrade. theyre 3 feet length.

Let me know and I will get them, if they are in good shape, and you are willing to sell them for a good price...

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #6 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nothing is better than BJC.
rolleyes.gif

You are absolutelly right, not for that price, and not better than the ones I have tried far more expensive...

Feb 10, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #9 of 144
Cobalt Cable is excellent and is only about twice the price of BJC. Try them out and if you don't like the product you have 90 days to return it. All cables are custom built to order.

HDMI Cables, Audio Cables & Audio Patch Cables - Cobalt Cable

On checkout, enter coupon word SHARESAVE and you will get 15% off the price.

Feb 10, 2008 at 8:46 AM Post #10 of 144
Quote:

try searching ebay for "interconnects" should bring up a lot of decent cables for cheap prices

Feb 10, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #11 of 144
Quote:

hi guys im wanting to replace my old bluejean canare interconnects for something better. however it is my understanding that bluejeans offer the best bang for the buck. but i still want something better while not having to pay premium. can you guys help me out with some recommandation?

The only way to get a better deal than "best bang for the buck" is to get it for free. Perhaps some high end company will IM you and offer you cables for free if you chat them up in this forum.

See ya
Steve

Feb 10, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #12 of 144
Quote:

Are you having problems with the Blue Jeans, or are you just looking to try something different? If you're just looking for something different, you'd do well to ask for loaners or test cables from companies. See if you can hear a difference before you buy.

Also, consider the used cable market. At Audiogon, used ones seem to go for 25% to 50% of retail.

Feb 10, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #13 of 144
has anyone ever used RamElectronics RCA to Mini or Mini to Mini interconnects? they seem like a pretty good bang for the buck company using Belden and Mogami cable.

me been curious about them and BlueJeans since before I got me EarCandy Mini to Mini. how they may compare to me Ear Candy. I'm in need for a RCA to Mini because I need to get away from this Z1 and RCA to Mini adapter. I really want an EarCandy so I will be using the alike interconnects with the same signature. I really like the EarCandy over the Cardas HPI I was using but if the RamElectronics or BlueJeans are as good why not..

Feb 10, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #14 of 144
Quote:

i think im gonna try my hand with signal cable silver. should i get the silver bullets or copper? $40 is a lot to consider for me.

Great choice!
I would go with silver bullets (hence my $140 price quote), to have a cable with silver all the way in the signal path. But you and your wallet have to decide.

Feb 10, 2008 at 10:09 AM Post #15 of 144
a Kimber PBJ!
Make it a DIY and you might up paying even less then a BJC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back