Best in ear's for electronic music on $100 budget.
Dec 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TijuanaKez

New Head-Fier
I've read a few threads here on recommendations for in ear's in the $100 range but there are so many differing opinions I thought I might get more narrowed suggestions by being more specific.

I have a pair of AKG K702s which I like a lot but they're very big and impractical for casual listening sometimes.
Thought I might get some in ears for those situations but don't want to spend crazy amounts of money.
I listen primarily to electronic music so I'm looking for..

Extended bass response though not necessarily 'hyped'.
Fairly flat frequency response. I see alot of models referred to as 'mid-centric' but I don't think I'm a big fan of that sound. Neither am I a fan of the scooped mid thing.

Would just be using them straight into iphone or macbook pro.

Looking for value for money obviously, I could probably stretch to $150 if it meant I was getting much better earphones.
I've read that some of the less known brands offer much better value for money than the big guys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I've read a few threads here on recommendations for in ear's in the $100 range but there are so many differing opinions I thought I might get more narrowed suggestions by being more specific.

I have a pair of AKG K702s which I like a lot but they're very big and impractical for casual listening sometimes.
Thought I might get some in ears for those situations but don't want to spend crazy amounts of money.
I listen primarily to electronic music so I'm looking for..

Extended bass response though not necessarily 'hyped'.
Fairly flat frequency response. I see alot of models referred to as 'mid-centric' but I don't think I'm a big fan of that sound. Neither am I a fan of the scooped mid thing.

Would just be using them straight into iphone or macbook pro.

Looking for value for money obviously, I could probably stretch to $150 if it meant I was getting much better earphones.
I've read that some of the less known brands offer much better value for money than the big guys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relatively neutral = HF5, PFE112, GR07. FXD80 is great for electronic, but the mids are ever so slightly scooped. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back