Best in ear headphones for bass??
Jan 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

sulkoudai

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, this is my first thread on Head Fi

And I was looking for best in ear headphones with thumping bass.

Right now I have Bose IE (no, didn't buy it my self, my cousin did), v moda vibe (which I bought for 20 bucks on EBay) and soundmagic pl30

I am willing to spend about 80 bucks on it. Well...my mom said nothing over 110 AUD.

EDIT. I found the Vmoda Vibe ii on eBay for about 44AUD from a trusted seller, is it worth it??

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 25
How you want your bass served? The more the merrier so everything drowns in it or there's also some concern about bass quality like texture, extension, etc? What about other aspects of sound like highs, mids, soudstage, overall balance? What music type you listen to?

But anyways here are few well regarded bassy phones under $100 USD all of which I owned or sampled - Klipsch s4, Monster Turbine, Panasonic HJE-900. Latter in my opinion is a gem, albeit a rough one. I'm still debating whether to keep it or Monster Turbine Gold which is twice the price.

Jan 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 25

How you want your bass served? The more the merrier so everything drowns in it or there's also some concern about bass quality like texture, extension, etc? What about other aspects of sound like highs, mids, soudstage, overall balance? What music type you listen to?

But anyways here are few well regarded bassy phones under $100 USD all of which I owned or sampled - Klipsch s4, Monster Turbine, Panasonic HJE-900. Latter in my opinion is a gem, albeit a rough one. I'm still debating whether to keep it or Monster Turbine Gold which is twice the price.

I listen to techno and hiphop.

And I do care about the mids and highs but not as much as the bass.

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 25

Quote:
Hi, this is my first thread on Head Fi

And I was looking for best in ear headphones with thumping bass.

Right now I have Bose IE (no, didn't buy it my self, my cousin did), v moda vibe (which I bought for 20 bucks on EBay) and soundmagic pl30

I am willing to spend about 80 bucks on it. Well...my mom said nothing over 110 AUD.

get the hippo VB for $79
i love mine, i have the bose ie2 too, i like the hippo better in terms of bass
i listen to trance and rap mostly and these IEM's do a great job for it

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #9 of 25
I have the VB and they have reasonably good isolation.  Joker reviewed them in his epic thread...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-130-iems-compared-monster-beats-tour-lil-jamz-added-12-29

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #12 of 25
Jaben for sure.  they treat you right.  They had a production shortage for a little bit and they sent me a set of Hippo Grooves overnight to get me by until the VBs came back in.  Then when they finally came in and I opened my VBs I had a set of Hippo 10EBs in there as well.  When the dust settled I had 3 pair of Hippo IEMs for the original $79 price.  A few others confirmed they received the same treatment.  Now I am not saying you are going to get extra headphones, but I am saying Jaben does right by its customers.

Jan 6, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #14 of 25

I've just read a review about the Crossroad Bijou 3 and according to the reviewer and I'm quoting "If you are a bass-head, you will love them, they make an awesome BOOM affect..."

Who do they compare to the hippo vb??

Jan 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #15 of 25
link to the review?  I havent heard of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back