best IEMs under 100 for trance? (more inside)
Apr 2, 2011 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Rakielis

New Head-Fier
love trance and electronic music in general.  i got some RE-0s back in December from Amazon and the right ear-phone just stopped working on me earlier this week.  from what ive seen online, im SOL cause amazon wont fix it and neither will head-direct or hifi man or whatever is going on there.  if im wrong, please correct me.  OTHERWISE...im in the market for some new IEMs.  looking at spending less than 100 after shipping and tax.  looking at the MEElectronics CC51 but hoping for some feedback as im sure people here have some resources i dont have.  

about my opinion of the re-0s, i LOVED the clarity.  omgggggg it was amazing.  but with some songs, i couldnt hear the bass line at all unless i jammed those things really far in my ear.  id like to avoid that if possible.  do the MEElectronics CC51 have the same clarity?  please halp!

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 7
Well,.. knowing the RE0s I think it's probably bad cable. Did you try to push the cable in your right ear piece? If you hear a little sound from it, then just recable them. Honestly,.. I think the drivers should be pretty tough. It's the cable, that creates a lot of problems.

So,. I would recommend trying the RE0 with ES cables. They up an upgrade in both sound and comfort. IF you wanna see pictures, go to the RE0 Appreciation site.

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 7
i went and i looked at the appreciation thread but im a little bit concerned about actually doing that.  is it difficult to change cables?  i dont have any of the tools needed and im really not used to spending 40 dollars on just cables.  i thought 80 dollars was a lot for the re-0s and im kinda pissed off they broke so quickly in the first place =\

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #5 of 7
Don't recable your RE0's. That's some silly advice right there. The RE0 just don't have a lot of bass and aren't really suited for thumping electronic music. Hifiman should offer you one year warranty so I'd try to convince them to fix it.

If you want a different flavour, I'd look into the Fischer Audio Eterna V1 ($70), Brainwavz M2 ($55) or, if you would consider a portable headphone, the Sony XB500. You could also look for a secondhand Radius DDM. Those are all very suited for trance. 

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #6 of 7
is this a good deal?

http://jaben.net/shopping2/product.php?productid=88&cat=&bestseller=Y

ive read that the amp isnt that great, but its normally 100 dollars.  do you think they just want to get rid of their stock?

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #7 of 7
I never heard that amp or the Hippo VB so can't comment on the quality of either of 'em. :) The VB's get a lot of good reviews though. Check out the review over at anythingbutipod.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back