Best IEM's off Amazon <$250?
Feb 16, 2011 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

50an6xy06r6n

1000+ Head-Fier
Odd question, I know, but I've got a bunch of money stored up in Amazon gift cards, so I was wondering what are the best IEM's I can get with them... I know they have the Triple-Fi 10's for ~$180, but is there anything better for less than $250? (Preferably $200, but I can stretch) Just curious lol
And if you wanted to know, music is mostly Rock (All kinds), Pop (Not really the mainstream hip-hop kind), and Classical with some other stuff in between...

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 11
It may be a stretch, but onecall does pricematching. they have been letting the turbine copper's go for ~220 through their website. I know amazon does things a little differently, but they may be able to set something up for you if you tell them you only have amazon cash; they may be able to generate a special coupon for you to redeem. Its worth a shot atleast.

Or, you can buy my MD's which come with the original purchase receipt
biggrin.gif
I'm the second seller "ModulaR". I cant tell if the other guy is trying to pawn fakes as he made mention of the cd's coming on the outside prior to me posting my listing

edit: also, theres a seller who goes by the name of adgtron that has been selling refurbished IE8's for about $180. He doesnt seem to have any currently in stock, but people on here have said the refurbs he sells are genuine. Oh, and I hear good things about the klipsch x10, and they have also gone on sale for ~$200 on amazon before.

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #6 of 11
It may be a stretch, but onecall does pricematching. they have been letting the turbine copper's go for ~220 through their website. I know amazon does things a little differently, but they may be able to set something up for you if you tell them you only have amazon cash; they may be able to generate a special coupon for you to redeem. Its worth a shot atleast.

biggrin.gif
I'm the second seller "ModulaR". I cant tell if the other guy is trying to pawn fakes as he made mention of the cd's coming on the outside prior to me posting my listing

edit: also, theres a seller who goes by the name of adgtron that has been selling refurbished IE8's for about $180. He doesnt seem to have any currently in stock, but people on here have said the refurbs he sells are genuine. Oh, and I hear good things about the klipsch x10, and they have also gone on sale for ~$200 on amazon before.

But again, I want to use Amazon Gift Cards, and are the Coppers better than the Triple-Fis?

Feb 16, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
Quote:

biggrin.gif

But again, I want to use Amazon Gift Cards, and are the Coppers better than the Triple-Fis?

What I am trying to explain is OneCall is an authorized Amazon Merchant(they have their own storefront at amazon, along with onecall.com). If you look at the Turbine Copper listing, you will find their name. And if you tell them you have amazon gift cards you would like to use, they may be able to work something out where they may refund part of your purcase through amazon, or perhaps authorize a 1 time use coupon which will allow you to purchase the coppers for the negotiated price; as long as you buy it from them ofcourse.

I wouldnt consider the coppers a better IEM since they both play music differently. The coppers are non-analytical, non-biased and very "chill" headphones that can shake your eardrums if a track calls for it. they are a little forgiving with lower bit-rate recordings, although there is a trade-off of having a more glazed/smooth sound vs textured and analytical.
The triple.fi's are analytical/textured, bright, and have wide aiy feel; which can be fun. But they are not that forgiving when playing bad/low bit-rate recordings(because they are analytical and textured, they will expose the file compression; which is often characterized by the garbled cymbal clashy sound "kssshhhlksshhll". I find myself using the coppers a lot more than the triple.fi's, but that's mainly because the triple.fi's get a little tiring due to their fit. Although I have a feeling that I will be taking the TF10's with me everywhere once I have them re-shelled.

For you, the benefit of purchasing the coppers is their lifetime warranty (must be new and from an authorized dealer!). They may retain their value better than the triple.fi's if you buy them at ~$220. Since monster tends to replace their headphones with new retail units, you will be able to flip them for virtually the same price you bought them for ifthey break and you RMA them.

Edit: actually, thinking about it, you would probably be able to resell the TF10's used for $180 later this year provided the demand for them surpasses the stock. Oh, and if you are buying them, dont be fooled into thinking the $180+ units are authorized amazon dealers. Everyone selling them for $150 have the same legit pair of headphones, they are just unloading them from the november goldbox deal. If you are interested in keeping the warranty, ask them if they can include their personal purchase receipt with your purchase.

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 11
What I am trying to explain is OneCall is an authorized Amazon Merchant(they have their own storefront at amazon, along with onecall.com). If you look at the Turbine Copper listing, you will find their name. And if you tell them you have amazon gift cards you would like to use, they may be able to work something out where they may refund part of your purcase through amazon, or perhaps authorize a 1 time use coupon which will allow you to purchase the coppers for the negotiated price; as long as you buy it from them ofcourse.

I wouldnt consider the coppers a better IEM since they both play music differently. The coppers are non-analytical, non-biased and very "chill" headphones that can shake your eardrums if a track calls for it. they are a little forgiving with lower bit-rate recordings, although there is a trade-off of having a more glazed/smooth sound vs textured and analytical.
The triple.fi's are analytical/textured, bright, and have wide aiy feel; which can be fun. But they are not that forgiving when playing bad/low bit-rate recordings(because they are analytical and textured, they will expose the file compression; which is often characterized by the garbled cymbal clashy sound "kssshhhlksshhll". I find myself using the coppers a lot more than the triple.fi's, but that's mainly because the triple.fi's get a little tiring due to their fit. Although I have a feeling that I will be taking the TF10's with me everywhere once I have them re-shelled.

For you, the benefit of purchasing the coppers is their lifetime warranty (must be new and from an authorized dealer!). They may retain their value better than the triple.fi's if you buy them at ~$220. Since monster tends to replace their headphones with new retail units, you will be able to flip them for virtually the same price you bought them for ifthey break and you RMA them.

Edit: actually, thinking about it, you would probably be able to resell the TF10's used for $180 later this year provided the demand for them surpasses the stock. Oh, and if you are buying them, dont be fooled into thinking the $180+ units are authorized amazon dealers. Everyone selling them for $150 have the same legit pair of headphones, they are just unloading them from the november goldbox deal. If you are interested in keeping the warranty, ask them if they can include their personal purchase receipt with your purchase.

Oh, sorry, I guess I misunderstood what you meant... Thanks for the advice on the triple-fi's warranty and the copper recommendation. Will look into those. :D

Feb 17, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #10 of 11
I just bought the Klipsch X10i off Amazon for $266, this is the best price I have ever seen for these (not fakes either). Excellent build and very good sound quality with a solid natural bass and good mid range. I am keeping these. Also, I wanted an IEN that had iPhone controls, for the occassional iPhone use. I prefer to bypass the iPhone with the FiiO E7 (USD charging off).

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #11 of 11
lol. I have a couple amazon gift cards I really want to use too, and I want to try out the UE Triple Fi10, but I refuse to pay $180 for them, when i know Amazon can do $99 for them every year or so. =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back