Best IEM's Money can buy.
Feb 28, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #106 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't judge something you haven't heard. I have the UE11 and the bass is perfect, no overpowering or boomy bass. Indeed with the Imod, Lisa III, the V dock and 33 ohm impedance adapter you get a heavenly sound. Moreover I would say the W3 have more of overpowering bass problem than the UE11 (particularly mid and upper bass).

where did I say boomy bass?? all I am going from is many other peoples opinions, not one, but a number of people have complained of too much bass. I dont doubt that it is quality bass, but still unnatural similar to ED9; to be sure I cant make a definitive statement as you are correct I havent heard them, but I do see a few people getting around here using other customs when they own UE11. not many, because not many people get more than one pair of 1000 IEM's. I see your rig and raise you mine hehe. nah sounds like a nice rig man; in fact i know what it sounds like and I wanted more, but my regular VCAP comes out when i'm not using lisa. but i'm not going UE11 thats for sure ES3X has my name written all over it; and I guess they will put my name on it when it gets here. enjoy your rig man; who cares what I think, but it is what I think. I may never have a true opinion on the UE11, but I dont see the need for 4 drivers and I would think having 2 bass drivers might indicate it was weighted to the bass a bit more than say ..1. I wonder if there is headroom graphs of UE11???

Feb 28, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #107 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where is the UE-10? why no one said "UE-10"????? they supposed to be the most flat neutral, and still very natural IEMs.

I would think so too, but UE11 seems to be all the rage; afterall its got 4 drivers it must be the best. but my experience with UE turns me off a bit

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #108 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to justify my purchase little buddy. I have heard all the major top 4 IEMS and I prefer the sound of my Shure SE530s to all of them. Like I have said before when it comes to the top 4 IEMs there is no "better" IEM. It is all personal preference...

Sorry to bring this up again, but seriously, "little buddy". I'm not 4, thank you very much. And speaking of hearing all of the top 4 IEMs, there was another thread that I read recently where you talked about your SE530s being better than IE8. Then someone didn't believe you had even head IE8 cause you were talking such **** about them, so they asked to provide a picture, and you just made an excuse and didn't post on the thread any more. Bull**** you have heard all top 4 IEMs.

And just for anyone who may happen to read this, I suggest you take everything Voltage says with a grain of salt, as he is the ultimate example of the term "fanboy". Hell, take it with a gigantic mountain of salt
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #109 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj_brown_99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blabla

First off, if you want to swear, use the words, not the stars. Otherwise rephrase the sentence so it's more "fun" to read.

Second, I/he/whoever doesn't have to own the IEM to talk "****" about them. Ever heard of auditioning a IEM/headphone?

And as far as I know, Voltag3 is just really enthausiastic about his purchase and is (perhaps a little too much
wink.gif
) talky about it.

@OP Take a look at the new Westone customs; the ES3X! HeadphoneAddict has a raving review about them.

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #110 of 122
My thoughts...

Westone ES3X: Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread - Page 3 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio one word to describe the sound - stunning. I'd love to compare them to a UE11 Pro but that just isn't in the cards right now. Sasaki has compared the two and the ES3X are slightly ahead so far, and I think it's digihead who has similar feelings.

Westone 3: REVIEW: WESTONE 3, the ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL IEM vs everything else - AKA W3 Appreciation Thread - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio in this review I explain my reasons for ranking the W3 #1 over other top of the line universal IEM that I have owned. I can enjoy an SE530 or Triple.fi 10 Pro or Image X10 as much as the next guy, but the W3 do more to immerse me in the musical performance than the other universals. I am currently burning in a pair of Sennheiser IE8 so things can be fair and balanced - after David Mahler's review of the W3 and IE8 I hope for a close race or tie after 250-300 hours of burn-in. I am afraid to take my ES3X (my Precioussss) out of the house where they could be lost or damaged, so I still have a use for less expensive universal IEM.

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #111 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am afraid to take my ES3X (my Precioussss) out of the house where they could be lost or damaged, so I still have a use for less expensive universal IEM.

Just out of curiosity, what is your most listened to headphone (IEM or full sized) and why? And do you have a favorite? Thanks
icon10.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #112 of 122
If you can't afford the custom EUs why not get the Triple-fis, that way you get the high level EU sound just not a "custom" mold. (I was about to make a 530 comment but i'll bite my tongue on it.)

Mar 1, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #113 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just out of curiosity, what is your most listened to headphone (IEM or full sized) and why? And do you have a favorite? Thanks
icon10.gif

Hmmm...

Prior to just recently it was the Westone 3 that got used the most with my laptop and a DAC/amp. Much of my listening is at night in an arm-chair in my bedroom and I can't disturb my wife. When I didn't want my ears plugged up it was my modded D2000 that performed night duty.

NOW the ES3X have taken up that quiet night time listening roll, and the full size closed cans like Edition 9, D2000 and ESW10 are being ignored. But the W3 still get used portable because I am trying to protect my precioussss... I was using the Nuforce and switched to the Phonak for the iPhone, but I bought a griffin iTalk and use the W3 more now. I carry the Phonak as a spare and prior to the W3/Phonak it was the Livewires/X10 that got the portable duty as main/spare.

With my main rig it has been the O2 Mk2/Woo GES, alternating with the HE audio Jade and HE60 often. The synergy with my O2 Mk2 and Apogee mini-DAC isn't as great as I would like and I might replace the Apogee with a balanced Stello or PS Audio in trade for my Koss ESP950 soon.

I have been seriously neglecting great phones like my Edition 9, RS-1, balanced HD600, ESP950, etc... I'm a pack rat and hate parting with stuff I like, even if I don't get to use it any more. But after the ESP950 go I might part with the Edition 9 as well.

So, to clarify my answer. My favorites are my ES3X/W3 on laptop with iBasso D10, and my Woo GES with Stax O2 Mk2/HE60 and everything else could be expendable if I had to sell stuff to pay the mortgage.

[EDIT - forgot, I have a pair of AKG K1000 shipping to me on Monday via 2nd day air and they will NOT be expendable, nor do I expect the HD800 to be expendable. Those two might give me a reason to sell $10,000 worth of electrostatic gear.]

Mar 1, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #114 of 122
I've got the IE8s currently, they're great, but hoping to maybe tryout the SE530's and W3s one day
biggrin.gif
oh and maybe the TF10s (only thing that put me off was the bulkiness and problems with fit), ooh and PFEs lol
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #115 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm...

Thanks
bigsmile_face.gif
, I can't imagine having that many to options choose from!

I am very interested to find out how you think the IE8s stack up vs. your favorites. Do you think the ES3X/W3 is better than your modded D2000?

Mar 1, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #116 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daeregaol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got the IE8s currently, they're great, but hoping to maybe tryout the SE530's and W3s one day
biggrin.gif
oh and maybe the TF10s (only thing that put me off was the bulkiness and problems with fit), ooh and PFEs lol
smily_headphones1.gif

And me
tongue.gif
I want to try the W3's, SE530's and PFE's.

Mar 1, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #117 of 122
VoLTaG3 stop being such a SE530 fanboy! I don't think I have ever seen a comment from you where you're not talking about freaking SE530's! You cannot warrant your opinion on a product you have never owned especially when talking about customs. The question what is the best IEM money can buy and UE11's are (supposedly) in a completely different league to SE530's; now I know you said that Shure's are second best but still like I said, do everyone a favor and stop being such a huge fan.

Mar 1, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #118 of 122
i think what you mean is, voltag3, yes we get you love the 530's (i love them too) but.... tone down the enthusiasm, it makes you look like an apple fan boy but with them and people will just start ignoring your opinions like we do mactards

as for whats best i still say once your at that sort of level its just all down to personal preference

Mar 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #119 of 122
Good lord, I'm sorry....lol. Anyways does anyone have a comparison of the Westone ES3X and the UE 11 because by the end of September of this year I will have the best one of the two...Yes I am gonna break free of the grasp my Shure SE530s has on me and explore the custom IEM world!!

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #120 of 122

Users who are viewing this thread

Back