Best IEM's Money can buy.
Feb 18, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #76 of 122
The UE11 look like they are regular earphones that also are IEM's

I was looking more for regular Iem's.
Though I'm fine with getting the UE11 if they are worth it.
Also I understand it is all personal preference. But I don't have the money to go experimenting.

Let's see if I can narrow this down. I wish the Nu force had about 15 percent more bass. With lots of improvements on vocal clarity and instrumental clarity.

This is the music I listen to.

metallica
system of a down
tool
perfect circle
muse
rage against the machines
white stripes
Queens Of The Stone Age
Smashing Pumpkins
Nine Inch Nails
eminem
Postal service
buckethead
+44
Angels and airwaves
boxcar racer
blink 182
Jimmy hendrix
dream theater
mew
ratata
beattles
radiohead
adioslave
The Raconteurs
breaking benjamin
Linkin park
papa roach
led zeeplin
ashes divide
Killers
cold play.
Mindless Self Indulgence
30 Seconds To Mars
Pusifer
william control
Fort minor
Jimme hendrix
michale jackson
zwan
meshuggah
chevelle
korn

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #77 of 122
Double post. But i read that .flac file has no quality difference than an mp3 file. I was under the impression that a flac file would have better sound quality.

And on a second note consider me a member of this forum. haha Going to come here and post more often.

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #78 of 122
it depends where you get the flac from, and the encoder (and bit rate) used for the mp3 :p

if you make a flac from an mp3, of course there will be no difference. if you make a flac from a CD, then you will literally have 100% of the CD's initial quality, since flac is lossless. compared to a 128k mp3, even a deaf man could tell the difference between the two. once you begin to use 256k mp3's, the difference diminishes significantly.

I personally cannot tell the difference between a 320k mp3 and a CD, and I find it suspect when people claim they can. When it comes to portable gear, with the premium on storage space, it only makes sense to encode in mp3

btw, what do you mean "regular iem's?" UE11's are in-ear, so if you could be more specific in what you are looking for, thatd be great

Feb 18, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #79 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly no...

how do you know?? I dont see any UE-11 in your sig and you couldnt have auditioned them. besides the ES3X ($850 + impressions and i've put in a tentative order with powderhound tioday) is looking to overtake the UE-11 and its overdone bass (from what I have read) plus W3 beats my SE530 using UM56 tips on both of them and amped they are even better. doesnt sound like you are using an amp?? I have read a couple of impressions including one UE11 owner that prefers the ES3X hands down. much more balanced apparently and since it sems to have removed the slight failings I felt the W3 has I couldnt help myself

Feb 18, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #80 of 122
i personally do not think that ES3X is going to overtake UE11 or vice versa.

both have their unique points catering to different types of music lovers.

which group of music lover you belong to , and which custom you picked upon , you are the winner. There is no loser.

smile_phones.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #83 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoryuken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VoLTaG3 - fanboyism at its best

I've seen better on some of the many car forums I can be found on...

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #86 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcluded /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i personally do not think that ES3X is going to overtake UE11 or vice versa.

both have their unique points catering to different types of music lovers.

which group of music lover you belong to , and which custom you picked upon , you are the winner. There is no loser.

smile_phones.gif

fair enough call; alright; overtaken them... for me..

I just dont think such a high end IEM should be overdoing anything especially bass, because it is the one frequency that has the most power to override everything else. causing midrange detail to be lost or at least seem recessed. I guess its just that in this price-bracket I dont expect them to be catering for the popular sound sig of overdone bass. of course for some people thats perfect and it can always be EQ'd; but why pay all that extra doh for an extra bass driver if you are just gonna EQ it out

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #90 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well if were going all fantasy

im betting the se640 is going to be the greatest thing ever and i plan to buy one the second shure get off their asses and make it

(its going to be the 530 but with and extra super tweeter
o2smile.gif
)

I'll buy that. Shure's midrange for the win!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back