Best IEM's Money can buy.
Feb 16, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #61 of 122
No, it's printed on the acrylic. But still quite nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruknd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome...are those SYF embedded in the phones mold?

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #63 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The second best would be the Shure SE530 when properly EQed... I've heard the Westone 3 and a 150 hour burned in Sennheiser IE8 and they don't come close to my EQed Shure SE530.

Quote:

No, It [the UE11] cost about $800 more. It is definitely not worth $800 more. Hands down. Tried it or not...

Quote:

The Shure SE530 has enough BASS when when plugged into the newer Zune's. The BASS hits hard, extends very low and is very detailed unlike other IEMS that just has alot of "muddy" BASS.

Quote:

Midrange is very important since that is where nearly all the music falls in and the Shure SE530 sets the mark at the midrange reproduction making it the best earphone for the majority of genre's out there. So it is the best IEM out there really....

LOL. Might as well shut down the portable headphones forum. Just PM VolTage3 if you have any questions.
rolleyes.gif

P.S. Love it when someone who's been on the forum a couple of weeks or months, without any apparently relevant credentials, makes categorical pronouncements like the above. Great stuff
o2smile.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #64 of 122
i have not tried ue11 (of course, no one tries, they have to buy)

but have tried at least briefly the um2, se500, er4s, turbine from monster, atrio m5, denon c700, victor fx500, sleek audio sa6, sony ex85, kenwood c711, audio technica ck10 and some others.

they all have their plus sides. it depends on what you like. don't let other dictate what you will and spill blood on political lines. if you can, try them out otherwise you may buy and then decide you either dont' like them enough so have to wage war on those who bought a different brand or sell them and lose money or some other ways.

if you can, try them out and try to listen for what you like, not for what others like.

Feb 16, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #65 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL. Might as well shut down the portable headphones forum. Just PM VolTage3 if you have any questions.
rolleyes.gif

P.S. Love it when someone who's been on the forum a couple of weeks or months, without any apparently relevant credentials, makes categorical pronouncements like the above. Great stuff
o2smile.gif

x1000

Voltage, are you sure you're not from Shure? Seriously, we get it. You think se530 are the best IEM ever made because you want to justify your purchase. Thanks. Very helpful. Leave the judgments of whats better than what to the experienced head-fiers who actually know what they are talking about.

Feb 16, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #66 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have not tried ue11 (of course, no one tries, they have to buy)

but have tried at least briefly the um2, se500, er4s, turbine from monster, atrio m5, denon c700, victor fx500, sleek audio sa6, sony ex85, kenwood c711, audio technica ck10 and some others.

they all have their plus sides. it depends on what you like. don't let other dictate what you will and spill blood on political lines. if you can, try them out otherwise you may buy and then decide you either dont' like them enough so have to wage war on those who bought a different brand or sell them and lose money or some other ways.

if you can, try them out and try to listen for what you like, not for what others like.

UE11 do have universal demo set , depends on whether the audio shop has it.

i did tried, and i plunged in. it was really that good.

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #67 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj_brown_99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x1000

Voltage, are you sure you're not from Shure? Seriously, we get it. You think se530 are the best IEM ever made because [size=medium]you want to justify your purchase.[/size] Thanks. Very helpful. Leave the judgments of whats better than what to the experienced head-fiers who actually know what they are talking about.

Not to justify my purchase little buddy. I have heard all the major top 4 IEMS and I prefer the sound of my Shure SE530s to all of them. Like I have said before when it comes to the top 4 IEMs there is no "better" IEM. It is all personal preference...

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #68 of 122
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

[size=x-small]P.S. Love it when someone who's been on the forum a couple of weeks or months, without any apparently relevant credentials, makes categorical pronouncements like the above. Great stuff
o2smile.gif
[/size]

Sorry, I don't live on the forums so I cant build up credentials like you...

Feb 16, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #69 of 122
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

o2smile.gif

LOL. Might as well shut down the portable headphones forum. Just PM PhilS if you have any questions.
rolleyes.gif

P.S. Love it when someone who's been here forever dismisses what the newbies have to say, and believe that thier many post counts give them relevant credentials and make pronouncements like the above. Great work
o2smile.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #70 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL. Might as well shut down the portable headphones forum. Just PM PhilS if you have any questions.
rolleyes.gif

P.S. Love it when someone who's been here forever dismisses what the newbies have to say, and believe that thier many post counts give them relevant credentials and make pronouncements like the above. Great work
o2smile.gif

while i agree that some veterans do that, why dont you go back and read all of voltages posts. 90% of them are about how great the se530's are. Wouldn't you get tired reading the same type of post over and over again?

"Midrange is very important since that is where nearly all the music falls in and the Shure SE530 sets the mark at the midrange reproduction making it the best earphone for the majority of genre's out there. So it is the best IEM out there really...."

i mean really. You say you heard the top 4 iem's yet this posts sounds pretty closed minded.

Feb 16, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #71 of 122
you all got ripped off, shoulda bought the Phonaks!!!!

(sorry, I'll go and hide now)

Feb 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #72 of 122
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

o2smile.gif

x2000

(And it seems he is kinda morphin' to a trollish being... lets see
popcorn.gif
)

Well, about the thing, I wanna vote for the Ety ER4P (Amped)

That's because they are the best sounding for me of all I had. (See sig)

I can understand him when he say that EQ'ing the SE530 can reach the sound he want, as that was something I had to do with my UM2, but sometimes it was a pain in the *ss, 'cause there was songs that were ok, others not, and the portable thing was never ok.

With the ER4, everything sounds better than with the UM2, w/o eq.

About the UE11, I am pretty sure they deserve the money they cost and I would have ones if there wasn't a whole ocean (and post-service 'workers') between us...

Feb 16, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #73 of 122
Quote:

Not to justify my purchase little buddy. I have heard all the major top 4 IEMS and I prefer the sound of my Shure SE530s to all of them. Like I have said before when it comes to the top 4 IEMs there is no "better" IEM. It is all personal preference...

You have tried the T1's, UE11, UE10 and ES3X?

Feb 16, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #74 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucille /img/forum/go_quote.gif

P.S. Love it when someone who's been here forever dismisses what the newbies have to say, and believe that thier many post counts give them relevant credentials and make pronouncements like the above.

I don't dismiss what newbies have to say. Just because someone is a newbie doesn't mean they don't have something valuable to offer or can't say something intelligent. I dismiss it when a newbie, or anyone for that matter, makes a categorical statement that some phone is the best bar none. That's ridiculous. And it's especially ridiculous when it comes from someone new whose profile does not indicate something that would give their statement some measure of credibility, i.e., that they have tried every phone under discussion, that they have x years of experience in a particular field, or whatever.

I don't think my post count means doodly squat. I think it's a matter of common sense that the statements by VolTaG3 that I quoted -- expressed in the categorical way that he has expressed them -- are without basis, to put it mildly. At the very least, anyone who has read the various threads on the IEM's under discussion would know that his statements are not meritorious.

Anyway, that's my opinion.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #75 of 122
Quote:

It is all personal preference...

Now that's a statement I think a lot of of folks would agree with.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back