Best IEMs for Cowon D2
Dec 26, 2007 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

V3lier

New Head-Fier
Well I'm saving up to buy the Cowon D2 because of it's superior sound quality but I'm going to need good heaphones. I listen to mostly Hip-Hop, Reggae, Reggaeton and other spanish music. I would like headphones with have good base. Please give me your suggestions. Oh and by the way; a nice price under 200$ would be nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 32
super-fi 5 pro can be found for $140 at amazon. They should suit your tastes quite well. or perhaps the atrio m5/m8 which provide a slightly warmer and bassier sound than the superfi's.

Dec 27, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 32
Thank you. I was looking at the Super-Fi Pro in black and I've heard good things about them and now that is the one I plan to buy. I've also heard good things about the Ultimate Ears IEMS. Is there any which may suit my needs or should the Super-Fi Pro be enough
smily_headphones1.gif
?

Dec 27, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #6 of 32
For under $200 I'd stick with the superfi 5 pro's but that is likely because I actually have experience with them. I think their overall sound signature is quite pleasing. From rock to techno to hip hop, they really sound great to my ears. One day I'd like to try the higher up iem's such as the triple fi's and se530, but I'm perfectly content with the sf5p. Their value especially at $140 is just great imo. If you have trouble finding a tip that fits with the super fi's, I definitely recommend you invest in a a pack of shure olives and make the effort of modding them by taking out the plastic core to fit over the super fi's. The comfort is just plain great. Oh and theres also the "flip side" mod where you reverse the wires so the iems sit flush in your ears to provide a better fit.

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My ER4 with APS "P" cable sounds excellent with the D2.I like the D2 with these more than with Q-Jays or the Atrios.

yea I've heard more rave reviews of the er4p's than the super fi's, or any other mid$100 priced iem. definetly on my wish list.

EDIT: won't need an amp for any of those

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by V3lier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I forgot. Should I buy an amp for the Super-Fi Pro? I don't know much about heaphone amps so sorry if this is a noob question
smily_headphones1.gif

Should I get an amp?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by V3lier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I forgot. Should I buy an amp for the Super-Fi Pro? I don't know much about heaphone amps so sorry if this is a noob question
smily_headphones1.gif

You would not need an amp with a D2.It powers enough. I would suggest you used the IEM Atrio M5/M8 for about $150-175. They have a fantastic sound!

This is one of the set-up I use and it sounds great, once you are used to the sound signature and the use of the tips.

regards,

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You would not need an amp with a D2.It powers enough. I would suggest you used the IEM Atrio M5/M8 for about $150-175. They have a fantastic sound!

This is one of the set-up I use and it sounds great, once you are used to the sound signature and the use of the tips.

regards,

Hm. Damn. I don't know if I should now get the Atrio M5/M8 or the Super-fi 5 pro. What do you guys think? I heard the Atrio M5/M8 have very good bass, which is great because I love the feeling of good bass in hip-hop.

Dec 27, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My ER4 with APS "P" cable sounds excellent with the D2.I like the D2 with these more than with Q-Jays or the Atrios.

I don't think the combo of D2 and ER4 fit his taste
rolleyes.gif

I used to have the D2 and ER4p, and I listen to hiphop/rap too. Too bright,sharp and clear, a bit lack in bass. Those can't fit my taste
rolleyes.gif

I think the OP should look into warm signature IEM like the Superfi.5 EB or SE530.

Dec 27, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #14 of 32
Go for the Super.fi.5 Pros, they are fairly well balanced phones which should sound good with the D2. I'm using the Superfi 5 pro with a Cowon X5L and it sounds great!
smily_headphones1.gif

Donny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back