Best IEMs for $20-30?
Oct 7, 2011 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Markery

New Head-Fier
I know there's a bunch of threads about this, but there's SO many options and opinions, I can't reach a consensus. So overall, what's the best I can get right now for $20-30? Make it simple, I need one that's agreed upon for me to feel good about it.

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 8
What makes you think your thread would reach a consensus when others' didn't? Just read a couple of the other threads, look for a name that keeps popping up, and buy it. Frequent recommendations at a certain price range around here almost always have comparable quality. Or read ljokerl's comparison thread.

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 8
|joker|'s thread has certainly been very useful. It's quite comprehensive and even tells you where you could get the IEMs.
Also handy is ClieOS's list at http://www.inearmatters.net/2009/01/list_01.html

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 8
I'm really lost as to what to pick and look into. I'm hesitant to go for the ones that aren't well known, because there's only a few opinions I can draw from. Can someone just suggest me some, I'm tired of looking through thread after thread of IEMs from some company I've never heard of and have no reviews at all. Just throw some out there so I can look into them further please.

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
I'm really lost as to what to pick and look into. I'm hesitant to go for the ones that aren't well known, because there's only a few opinions I can draw from. Can someone just suggest me some, I'm tired of looking through thread after thread of IEMs from some company I've never heard of and have no reviews at all. Just throw some out there so I can look into them further please.

I'm not sure I understand. Both Joker and ClieOs, and many other reviewers have reviewed brands that "aren't well known" and have either praised them with good reason or said they weren't that good. Tired of looking through thread after thread? Joker has a pretty concise set of reviews and so does ClieOS, I suggest you stick to those two and make your decision on that and maybe a few other comments. 

"Just throw some out there". Well this is Head-Fi, and frankly you're going to get a ton of suggestions from brands you won't know very well. Liking an IEM is opinion based and always has been, but those two threads are somewhere to start. There's only a few, if I'm not mistaken, within the $20-30 range that are actually worth looking at. 

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #8 of 8
Hifiman RE2, MeElec M6, JVC Marshmellows 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back