Best iem's 100 dollars can buy?
Dec 19, 2010 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

modular511

New Head-Fier
I've got my PA2V2 shipping out tommorow (monday) And I need some decent IEM's. My current idea is the Head-Direct Re0's. But I hear complaints of poor build quality. If I did get them, Whats the best way to preserve them?

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
I've got my PA2V2 shipping out tommorow (monday) And I need some decent IEM's. My current idea is the Head-Direct Re0's. But I hear complaints of poor build quality. If I did get them, Whats the best way to preserve them?

When I borrowed them from my friend for a few hours, I didn't find build quality that bad, it's just unworthy of the sound 
etysmile.gif

Basically, the cable's nothing special, rubbery, somewhat tangle prone and not very thick.  But unless you keep getting it stuck in things all the time, you should be fine.  Strain reliefs are good, the jack is well done, and the housings look pretty solid.

Some people have had issues with sound suddenly stopping on one side.  Then you need to RMA it; but this is more a QC issue than build quality.

Just don't walk on them and be careful not to pull on the cable and you should be fine IMHO.  Then again, I'm sure someone who has used one for a longer time can contribute a more long-term oriented comment.

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Quote:

When I borrowed them from my friend for a few hours, I didn't find build quality that bad, it's just unworthy of the sound 
etysmile.gif

Basically, the cable's nothing special, rubbery, somewhat tangle prone and not very thick.  But unless you keep getting it stuck in things all the time, you should be fine.  Strain reliefs are good, the jack is well done, and the housings look pretty solid.

Some people have had issues with sound suddenly stopping on one side.  Then you need to RMA it; but this is more a QC issue than build quality.

Just don't walk on them and be careful not to pull on the cable and you should be fine IMHO.  Then again, I'm sure someone who has used one for a longer time can contribute a more long-term oriented comment.

Lol. Thanks mate. Yeah I'm buying some canvas and making a custom case for the amp and my ipod.  I may just add in a velcro flap with headphone wrap to it so that I can keep them in and wound up. Head direct gives a one year replacement on them so I should be alright.  The re0's are number 1 on the site for iem's. Having a longtime owners opinion would be excellent though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back