Best IEM tips?
Mar 8, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #3,091 of 3,289
... I always come back to the Azla standard, no matter what I try, damn it, I need a new case :k701smile:
IMG_6687.jpeg

Mar 8, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #3,092 of 3,289
The Azla standard are sonically fine. But their nozzles are narrow and slippery things to handle. Difficult to roll onto thick nozzles.

Mar 10, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #3,094 of 3,289
I'm amazed how tips that sound crap on one iem are perfect for another. There is no best tips for me.

Yep ear anatomy and hearing health influence eartip perception tremendously.

What works for one individual may not work for someone else, even on the same IEM.

Mar 10, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #3,095 of 3,289
Anybody come across the black tips from 7Hz H07 sold individual and/or in different sizes?
1710125081331.png

1710125467944.png

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 2:12 AM Post #3,097 of 3,289
Hopefully they work out well for you ! Yeah, the Kbear 07 seems to have a really secure fit. For some reason with my 7hz Zero:2 the left ear wants to pull out for all tips except for the Kbear 07 where it stays put. That's the real strength of the Kbear 07. In terms of the T-ear, the bore is the shortest of the three, but the opening feels like a regular eartip (similar to Kbear 07), and it does pick up a bit of dirt as the texture is a tiny bit sticky but I don't imagine it will be Xelastec levels of sticky. It's more of a softer material tip like the Clarion (vs more firm Kbear 07) but sound and fit is entirely different. I think the TRN T-Ears run just a tiny bit smaller than usual, so if you're an M+ with Kbear 07, you will probably be L on T-ear.
Damn girl, just got the TRN T on my Prestige LTD, and I think these are the ones. The fit is great, they disappear into my ears, and I think the bass is actually given a bit of boost due to the shorter bores meaning the IEMs are just that tiny bit closer to my ears. They're nice and grippy too, but not quite as sticky and yucky as the Xelastec.

With that said, they don't work well on some of my other IEMS like the Truthear Zero or the Moondrop Space Travel...but then again nothing really works on those. And the Kbear 07 work better with the 7hz Zero for me, too.

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #3,099 of 3,289
The only tips I seem to be having luck with are my comply foam med size tips. I've many different spinfit the cp100-Med the cp100-Small. My spinfit double flanges medium weren't to bad but kept having to push them in over and over again. The spinfit W1's I decided to try a Med-Small pair thinking maybe the meds size ones were to big making them get pushed out of the ear over time but I had similar results. I feel like the couple of foam tips i've tried stay in my ear better and go in deeper but it does make my IEMs sound a little worse. I'll keep trying more tips every now and then throught the paychecks because it is starting to add up lol. I hope I don't end up like the guy with the case full of different tips...

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #3,104 of 3,289

Users who are viewing this thread

Back