Best IEM tips?
Feb 27, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #3,076 of 3,289
Dang, those are big. Can't quite tell from the description, but what's the difference between the orange and the black versions?

I do have a set of large Xelastecs and they *almost* fit. They're better than the other large sizes I've tried, but my left ear hole is apparently an even bigger monster than my right, so the left side eventually ends up breaking its seal. My other issue with the Xelastec tips is that they sound light on bass to me. Since I'm already using a bass-light set of IEMs (Orchestra Lite), the Xelastecs sound a bit thin and dull compared to the other tips I've tried.

I'll give those Penon tips a shot. Might need to mix and match one of their XL with an L to get the fit just right.

Sorry I missed this reply before.

The Orchestra Lite look like the sort of shape that should give pretty decent depth of insertion, I have been looking at getting a set myself and they are similar shape to others that work great for me.

SORRY, DUMB QUSTION BUT IT HAS TO BE ASKED - are you sure you are pushing them right into your ear canal as far as they will go not just lightly popping them into the outer part. I jam all IEM in until they literally bottom out on the outer part of my ear so the nozzle is in as far as it is possible for it to go.

I would think if you struggle with fit with the Orchestra Lite other shallower fitting sets might be near impossible, except perhaps with the big boy XL Liqueurs !

I would suggest spending some time understanding your fit requirements with the Orchestra Lite first and really figuring out what works and what doesn't before buying another set that might be shallower fitting and likely to give worse fit issues.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #3,077 of 3,289
Got these tips today, will be trying out soon. :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:
final.jpg

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #3,079 of 3,289
I would suggest spending some time understanding your fit requirements with the Orchestra Lite first and really figuring out what works and what doesn't before buying another set that might be shallower fitting and likely to give worse fit issues.
Totally. Exactly my thinking. Since I'm just getting started with IEMs, I wanted to spend some time figuring out my likes and dislikes before going much further. Finding reliable and comfortable tips seems like the place to start.

Feb 27, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #3,080 of 3,289
In the meantime, are there any larger tips I should try that are a better fit for the vast expanses of my massive ear pits?

Soft material​

Someone already shared the Penon Liqueurs, so that is definitely a good (and cheap) option.

Firm material​

Have you tried the AZLA Crystals? These ones always end up assaulting my ear canals. The L one I can only use by the end of the day where I am already very lubricated due the oily skin.

https://www.azla.co.kr/en/product/crystal-standard/

Feb 28, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #3,081 of 3,289
Just got some spinfit cp100+ tips in size of L, but instead of coming in a yellow stem color they are in forest green, which is the color I didn't find for any of their tips online. I ordered from dunu authorized store on aliexpress, just one pair. They came in a spinfit plastic bag, nothing seemed suspicious, but what bugs me out is that I can't find any pictures of them in green color. There's XL but that's in teal, this is like very distinct forest green. Are they known to swap colors in the production or did I possibly get knockoffs?

Feb 28, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #3,082 of 3,289
TRN T Ear tips are probably my favourite budget option at this moment. They are able to project a reasonably wide stage and accentuate technicalities without being lean or overly bright (though I will admit, if your baseline is the Kbear 07's, these are a brighter sound).

I also tried the TRI Clarion, and they're not particularly peaky sounding but they are undoubtedly lean sounding with the bass and midbass impact and level taking quite a hit. Maybe the stage is just a tiny bit wider than the T Ears, but they don't really seem to accentuate technicalities more than the T Ears, I would even say they might even do it less. Personally they're just too lean for me, and the way they fit with the longer stem and the lip at the end is definitely a sensation you have to get used to - I have a feeling this is part of the reason why they sound lean.

Kbear 07 for me, the best part about them is they seem to fit really well on stuff I was struggling with before. The downside is they have a pretty ordinary sound IMO. Maybe it's because I seem to like brighter eartips, but the treble extension and definition feels affected and I don't really feel like they necessarily do bass or mids significantly better than the T Ears, but I might need to continue trying them. They helped on my Simgot EW200s, being less bright - but it wasn't enough to fix the brightness/peakiness completely for me.

I'm a fan of the Spinfit W1 as well, but was looking for a cheaper alternative to put on my stuff, which I think I've found with the T Ears. I might post my impressions of the W1 later on.

Feb 28, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #3,083 of 3,289
Wow!! I think I hit my END GAME on ear tips

I've got a 200.00 dollar pile of different tips I've tried on my U12t's and I can't get them to fit (falling out) or they don't match my taste in sound. I had just tried the Velvet's and Tri Clarion's but they didn't fit or sound as good as the W-1's. So I cut 1/16th inch off the colored stem of a pair of W-1's so they fit flush with the U12t's nozzle when you push it all the way on. You have to push harder to get them to the end of the nozzle, past that last tip of plastic. Then it's flush like the Azela''s but sound better and don't loose their shape either. It's been a week 8 hrs a day and they haven't lost their shape and work like new each time. The sound is crisp and clear! and the sound stage is bigger than the Azels's too. BIG You've gotta have guts to cut a $10.00 pair of W-1's. tho.. lol But it really worked for me . I have AK Sp2000 SS-EA leonaidas-U12t's..

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #3,086 of 3,289
Today I got Comply T400 for Monarch MK3.

Isolation seems good, will try in bus when I have a ride. Should be better than silicone.
Sound, not so much.

ATM for me its Tri Clarion comfort+fit 8+9/10 sound 8.5/10 and Spinfit W1 comfort+fit 8+5/10 and sound 9/10.

For comprasion, T400 comfort+fit 10+8/10 and sound 7/10.

edit: more listening on T400 - the initinal impression was based on: it looks like it decrease resolution of sound, maybe it really decrease treble and thats causing the "reduced resolution"?, but for more relaxed listening, its not bad... but putting it into IEM and getting it down is really a pain, I also probably scratched IEM nozzle aswell :/ I hope it was just some "mess" and not a scratch

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #3,087 of 3,289
Now playing with a few new tips in 14mm sizes. Definitely a better fit and seal all around. Jumping between Spinfit CP100s, Xelastecs, and Spring Tips. Not sure what my preference is yet in terms of sound quality and comfort. Benefits and drawbacks to each. Currently giving the most time to the Spring Tips since they are crazy comfortable, but really like the fuller sound of the Spinfits.

I'm only a few weeks into the realm of IEMs, and I'm blown away by just how idiosyncratic and person-specific everything about IEMs is compared to full-size headphones. Worlds apart. IEMs are about as different from headphones as headphones are from loudspeakers.

Mar 4, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #3,088 of 3,289
Kbear 07 for me, the best part about them is they seem to fit really well on stuff I was struggling with before. The downside is they have a pretty ordinary sound IMO. Maybe it's because I seem to like brighter eartips, but the treble extension and definition feels affected and I don't really feel like they necessarily do bass or mids significantly better than the T Ears, but I might need to continue trying them. They helped on my Simgot EW200s, being less bright - but it wasn't enough to fix the brightness/peakiness completely for me.
I'm on the warpath to find the ultimate tips for my Prestige LTD. So far...the winner is the Kbear 07 due to sheer comfort.

I tried the Xelastec and Sedna MAX but the Xelastecs get dirty and gross and the MAX started to get a bit itchy after long listening sessions.

The Kbear on the other hand are ultra comfortable (both M+ and L fit me very well) and don't seem to alter the sound of the LTD in any way that is noticeable to me.

(The Tri Clarion were an absolute disaster for me due to their wide bore, stiff material, weirdly contoured shape with their skinny lip, and the fact that the M size was tiny. I am not willing to buy the bigger size just to see if they work any better.)

Anyway I just ordered some of the TRN T Ears based on your review, hopefully this is the end of my journey lol.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #3,089 of 3,289
I'm on the warpath to find the ultimate tips for my Prestige LTD. So far...the winner is the Kbear 07 due to sheer comfort.

I tried the Xelastec and Sedna MAX but the Xelastecs get dirty and gross and the MAX started to get a bit itchy after long listening sessions.

The Kbear on the other hand are ultra comfortable (both M+ and L fit me very well) and don't seem to alter the sound of the LTD in any way that is noticeable to me.

(The Tri Clarion were an absolute disaster for me due to their wide bore, stiff material, weirdly contoured shape with their skinny lip, and the fact that the M size was tiny. I am not willing to buy the bigger size just to see if they work any better.)

Anyway I just ordered some of the TRN T Ears based on your review, hopefully this is the end of my journey lol.
Hopefully they work out well for you ! Yeah, the Kbear 07 seems to have a really secure fit. For some reason with my 7hz Zero:2 the left ear wants to pull out for all tips except for the Kbear 07 where it stays put. That's the real strength of the Kbear 07. In terms of the T-ear, the bore is the shortest of the three, but the opening feels like a regular eartip (similar to Kbear 07), and it does pick up a bit of dirt as the texture is a tiny bit sticky but I don't imagine it will be Xelastec levels of sticky. It's more of a softer material tip like the Clarion (vs more firm Kbear 07) but sound and fit is entirely different. I think the TRN T-Ears run just a tiny bit smaller than usual, so if you're an M+ with Kbear 07, you will probably be L on T-ear.

Mar 8, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #3,090 of 3,289
Just got some spinfit cp100+ tips in size of L, but instead of coming in a yellow stem color they are in forest green, which is the color I didn't find for any of their tips online. I ordered from dunu authorized store on aliexpress, just one pair. They came in a spinfit plastic bag, nothing seemed suspicious, but what bugs me out is that I can't find any pictures of them in green color. There's XL but that's in teal, this is like very distinct forest green. Are they known to swap colors in the production or did I possibly get knockoffs?
Maybe they gave you some Spinfit W1. Those come in a very distinct forest green (I have some).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back