Best IEM tips?
Nov 8, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #2,761 of 3,403
Over the years, I have also built up a small collection ...
IMG_20231105_112643~2.jpg
In my experience, there are almost no really bad ear tips. However, the result depends very much on the individual ear or hearing. For example, I don't get on at all with the popular Spinfit CP100(+). And I also use different tips for each IEM.

But I usually reach for these first:

Azla SednaEarfit (shorts)
Symbio F (foam)
Symbio W peel (silicone only)
Softears UC
Azla Crystal
This a nice and well organized collection of eartips. My collection is half this size. That is a really slick idea of printing small paper squares with the tip information which you have placed in each of the organizer boxes. What do you think of the ePro horn eartips? Were they useful for any particular IEMs?

Nov 9, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #2,762 of 3,403
What do you think of the ePro horn eartips? Were they useful for any particular IEMs?
Sorry for the late reply. In my opinion, the ePro EP00 can be used quite universally. I used them today with my InEar Promission-X after a long time and was very surprised. The bass was tighter than with the Azla Crystal, but the best part was the mids. Both female and male voices were extremely present, and everything was there in the treble too. Absolutely no "horn" sound, as you might expect. Perhaps not the widest soundstage, but with all the great characteristics mentioned, that doesn't matter. The material is a little different from the usual tips, but the fit and comfort were very good. Like almost all my tips, I use them in size S.

Nov 9, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #2,763 of 3,403
Sorry for the late reply. In my opinion, the ePro EP00 can be used quite universally. I used them today with my InEar Promission-X after a long time and was very surprised. The bass was tighter than with the Azla Crystal, but the best part was the mids. Both female and male voices were extremely present, and everything was there in the treble too. Absolutely no "horn" sound, as you might expect. Perhaps not the widest soundstage, but with all the great characteristics mentioned, that doesn't matter. The material is a little different from the usual tips, but the fit and comfort were very good. Like almost all my tips, I use them in size S.
I never found a good match for the ePro EP00, never really improved the sound or fit for my IEMs in my ears. I also have the EP01 and they work better for me, and I recently found out they work great with the ARTTI T10, where I feel like the combination results in both a great fit and a really good sound, compared to all my eartips (I tried about 12 different kinds on the T10 before settling on the ePro EP01).

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #2,764 of 3,403
I never found a good match for the ePro EP00, never really improved the sound or fit for my IEMs in my ears.
Which shows once again that the evaluation of ear tips is very subjective and depends on your own ear and hearing perception. The only thing that really helps is to test them yourself and with your IEM. That is the reason for my grown collection of tips.

Nov 10, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #2,765 of 3,403
Hi guys,
I bought my Tri Starsea 2 years ago and since then I have been having problems with pressure build-up. I solved them with these ear tips
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&tag=headfi-20
but I lost some detail and soundstage and the poor sealing killed the low frequencies. Looking on the forum I found these three tips as recommended for pressure build up problems so now I am not very sure which to buy.
- MoonDrop Spring Tips
- Tanchjim T-APB
- TANGZU Tang Sancai
I think the moondrop ones are very similar to mine and may bring some problems with poor sealing but the wide bore may help with soundstage. About the Tanchjim I have read mixed opinions about their anti build up pressure properties and the lack of any sort of way for the air to escape the ear canal worries me. So it comes down to the Tangzu tips and they seem to be the right ones for me but I'm not sure yet so I'm here to listen to valuable opinions and advice. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #2,766 of 3,403
I have tried so many tips before, some of them work pretty well for me in the sense they formed a very good seal so that I can enjoy the full potential of my IEMs.

However, recently, there are two tips change that.

The first tips are Electech Baroque. It changes the sound signature in the sense that midrange and treble are improved, but bass quantity suffers a little loss.

The second tips are truly game changer: Coreir Brass. My guess is that the brass nozzles conserve the sound wave so that you will have minimal loss of signal? But anyway, the result is simply fantastic. Everything starts to turn lively and cripy, almost feel like the resolution is getting higher, sound stage grander, and the bass is even more impactful. The overall performance is raised by one more level simply because of this pair of tiny tips. Bravo!

They are expensive tips, but I will order more and replace all of my existing tips.

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #2,767 of 3,403
Hi guys,
I bought my Tri Starsea 2 years ago and since then I have been having problems with pressure build-up. I solved them with these ear tips
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&tag=headfi-20
but I lost some detail and soundstage and the poor sealing killed the low frequencies. Looking on the forum I found these three tips as recommended for pressure build up problems so now I am not very sure which to buy.
- MoonDrop Spring Tips
- Tanchjim T-APB
- TANGZU Tang Sancai
I think the moondrop ones are very similar to mine and may bring some problems with poor sealing but the wide bore may help with soundstage. About the Tanchjim I have read mixed opinions about their anti build up pressure properties and the lack of any sort of way for the air to escape the ear canal worries me. So it comes down to the Tangzu tips and they seem to be the right ones for me but I'm not sure yet so I'm here to listen to valuable opinions and advice. Thank you for sharing your experience.
I can vouch for Tang Sancai and Moondrop spring tips but I prefer the Tang Sancai better or alternatively you can use foam eartips as suggested by @baskingshark but personally I don't like foam tips because they don't last long and changes the sound signature of the IEMs

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #2,768 of 3,403
I can vouch for Tang Sancai and Moondrop spring tips but I prefer the Tang Sancai better or alternatively you can use foam eartips as suggested by @baskingshark but personally I don't like foam tips because they don't last long and changes the sound signature of the IEMs
I have just bought the Tang Sancai wide bore, they will arrive at the end of the month. I don't like foam tips either.
Thanks for the advice.

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #2,769 of 3,403
Hi guys,
- MoonDrop Spring Tips
- Tanchjim T-APB
- TANGZU Tang Sancai
You could also look at the Divinus Velvet ear tips.

They do seem to work to slowly release pressure buildup, and at least for me they seal well and sound great.

They are my current favorites.

Nov 11, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #2,771 of 3,403
You could also look at the Divinus Velvet ear tips.

They do seem to work to slowly release pressure buildup, and at least for me they seal well and sound great.

They are my current favorites.
Thank you for your advice. I will definitely try the Divinus Velvet if the Tang Sancai ear tips don't work for my problem.

Nov 17, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #2,772 of 3,403
Good moring all. Today, because of free day here, i do some small comparison of all this ear tips.

20231106_180332.jpg

After switching all this ear tips i must say, that its not easy to totally recommend ear tips. Its similary like with cables. What kind IEM do you have, what is your preference sound, which one fit best to you. I recommend only this - try it by your self with your IEM.

On the table are - Final audio Type E, Spin Fit W1, Dunu Candy, Dunu S&S, Symbio W, Symbio W Mandarin ES, Divinus Velvet and Pentaconn COREIR.

For me best fit and sound are Symbio W new 2023 version Mandarin ES. Fit perfectly to me. At Empire Ears Odin remove emphassis at voices, when is sometime too much for me. Soundstage are very good and for example song Death Row from Chris Stapleton i feel better deeper soundstage than at the other ear tips.

Pentaconn COREIR - i read a lot of favors here. Its not bad ear tips. But for Odin too bright. For FIR XE6 move sound character more to upper freq. But XE6 lost at the bass emphassis. Problem is construction. Steel tube in this ear tips allow you push IEM in ear tips that deep. And i think XE6 lost good connection to ears for correct function of kinetic bass. Next problem - listening are not that comfortable. Due to construction i feel that IEM start little bit shaking when you move with head.

I like to try soon Eltech baroque. Like always - problem to order it here in Europe. And Eltech hase here in Poland dealer. Anyone know where to order or everybody ordering directly from Eltech?

Thank you and have a nice day all. :wink:

Nov 19, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #2,775 of 3,403
Hi guys, asking for help do you guys know any great eartips that is balanced in sound but with big soundstage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back