Best IEM tips?
Sep 21, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #2,719 of 3,403
Today is the first day I can try out h570 filled with sugru moulded to my ears and the initial results impress me. Reminds me a lot of my Ciems I had years ago. Sugru has no downsides on the qualities of the um mest mk2. It does block out other frequencies compared to foam.
Once I have the smaller h570 tips I will make another mould to see which one I like best.

I'd let them air out well before wearing them, probably rinse them as well. Sugru cures once exposed to air, rather than set off with a catalyst. So probably an acetic cure silicon. No guarantee of even being food grade let alone medical grade!

On the other hand maybe vinegar and ear wax will make some sort of salad dressing? :ksc75smile:

Sep 21, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #2,720 of 3,403
I'd let them air out well before wearing them, probably rinse them as well. Sugru cures once exposed to air, rather than set off with a catalyst. So probably an acetic cure silicon. No guarantee of even being food grade let alone medical grade!

On the other hand maybe vinegar and ear wax will make some sort of salad dressing? :ksc75smile:
Good tip! (Pun intended).
Luckily the sugru never touches the skin it's the tip itself, you end up with a hybrid tip.

Sep 24, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #2,727 of 3,403
Did some cleaning & stumble upon this:
spf01.jpg

Spinfits wannabee that's actually better than the original.
The problem is where does it come from???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back