Best IEM tips?
Aug 29, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #2,687 of 3,300

They are available in copper and stainless steel. Which should I go for? I can only guess how either might affect sound quality. Also, I find it interesting how for sizes your only options are small and "Asian fit" lol.

Edit: I got them in copper. I hope they don't suck; at the very least I'm hopeful after some of the synergies the Pentaconn Brass tips have provided. This EarrBOND company has some interesting tips in their catalog.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #2,689 of 3,300
Copper must sound warmer and steel colder. :beyersmile:

I wish they had an option where I could have gotten one of each, just for the heck of it. Oh well. I assume they sound basically the same anyway.

Sep 2, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #2,690 of 3,300
Anyone tried new AZLA SednaEarfit MAX ASMR?
How does it compare to regular Max?
Some info on Azla site on ASMR.

1693680372822.png

Sep 2, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #2,691 of 3,300
Sep 2, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #2,692 of 3,300

1693680372822.png
This is so funny. Sadly I don't think they will work with the APP2 adapter their Xelastics come with. I might try them out on my Z1R cause the imaging and staging are insane and most frequencies for ASMR I listen to are in the lower end.

Sep 5, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #2,695 of 3,300
there are 2 types of these models. Universal Fit and Custom Fit.

https://www.soundzcustom.com/in-ear-monitors/

I'm well aware that if someone orders a custom fit from these, they can't put it in their ears and use it right away, because they have to take a sample of the ear and make the mold for it?

or is this flex fit pro technology such that you just have to put it in the ear and it's ready to use?

And for the Universal Fit model, do you use general eartips that are added by the manufacturer?

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #2,697 of 3,300
I got those other tips with a metal core, by EarrBOND. I got them in the wrong size("asian fit")...coulda swore I ordered smalls...

Anyway they are too big for me so I can't say much about them. I've attached a pic showing how they compare size-wise to a small Sedna MAX and a small Tri Clarion. Maybe I will see about sending these on to someone with bigger ear canals than me.

Attachments

• 20230906_110642.jpg
    20230906_110642.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Sep 6, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #2,698 of 3,300

Received 2 pair yesterday. I was using Dunu S & S on Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM and SennHeiser IE600. Listening while working so not very critical detailed analysis. They tamed the sharp highs of the IE600 and the bass appears to be better defined on the Audeze. Not one for flowery descriptive analysis of IEMs, scotch or cigars, these will be staying on

Sep 6, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #2,699 of 3,300
Received 2 pair yesterday. I was using Dunu S & S on Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM and SennHeiser IE600. Listening while working so not very critical detailed analysis. They tamed the sharp highs of the IE600 and the bass appears to be better defined on the Audeze. Not one for flowery descriptive analysis of IEMs, scotch or cigars, these will be staying on
Thanks, sounds like standard Max traits contrary to Azla claims that it should enhance treble.

Sep 6, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #2,700 of 3,300
Thanks, sounds like standard Max traits contrary to Azla claims that it should enhance treble.
I'll try to do some critical listening at some point. When I first got the IE 600s, I thought they sounded great. When I got the Audeze later on (great sale last year) the IE 600s did not sound so good comparatively. Like most everyone here I have tried many tips,all the usual suspects, finally settling on the Dunu S&S. I also have other iems such as Dunu DK-4001, Falcon Pro and Talos, various Westones, an older Fiio and probably a few other random iems. I will try these tips on at least the DK-4001 and Talos, (Falcon Pros were gifted to my wife)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back