Best IEM tips?
Jul 24, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #1,846 of 3,313
after testing, the Max are way more comfortable for me. Good seal, can't really feel it in my ears at all. Almost as soft as spiral dots++

Jul 24, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #1,848 of 3,313
I really wanna try Spinfit since everyone recommend them, can someone explain to me what's the difference between CP100 and CP145 exactly? They look nearly identical.

CP100 gives a more V shaped sound (ie boosted bass and treble). CP145 is a bit more neutral. Personally I prefer CP145 as it doesn't change the sound signature too much.

*YMMV as we have different ear anatomies and this may affect the perceived due to different pinna gain.

Jul 24, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #1,851 of 3,313
Jul 24, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #1,853 of 3,313
I really wanna try Spinfit since everyone recommend them, can someone explain to me what's the difference between CP100 and CP145 exactly? They look nearly identical.
Internal diameter is 4mm on CP100 and 4.5mm on CP145. CP800 is 3mm and I believe CP550 is 5.5mm. If eartips come off in your ears, you need to move to a smaller size. If you have trouble stretching them over the IEM nozzle, get a larger size. If you're buying online, have a range of sizes. Manufacturers obsess over telling you that the driver is coated in a Tellurium/Technetium alloy, but don't tell you how wide the bloody nozzle is! Then you have to order some different tips in, and wait weeks without getting a proper seal, so you can hear your new IEMs properly (rant over).

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #1,854 of 3,313
Looking for tips that will least affect the frequency response of an IEM.

Currently looking at the Acoustune AEX07 and AZLA SednaEarfit MAX. Anyone with experience with these for my use case? Any other recommendations?

As Reference:
This page (AEX07):
https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/

This graph (AZLA MAX):
https://recode.squig.link/?share=Recode_Preference_Target,z1r_stockMS,z1r_max
not sure about FR, but comfort wise, the AEX07 is more comfortable than AET07. Between Max and AEX07, Max easily is the winner for me comfort and sound wise

Jul 25, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #1,856 of 3,313
Internal diameter is 4mm on CP100 and 4.5mm on CP145. CP800 is 3mm and I believe CP550 is 5.5mm. If eartips come off in your ears, you need to move to a smaller size. If you have trouble stretching them over the IEM nozzle, get a larger size. If you're buying online, have a range of sizes. Manufacturers obsess over telling you that the driver is coated in a Tellurium/Technetium alloy, but don't tell you how wide the bloody nozzle is! Then you have to order some different tips in, and wait weeks without getting a proper seal, so you can hear your new IEMs properly (rant over).
With SpinFit CP800 I listen to Shure SE535LTD, and with SpinFit CP145 I listen to 64 Audio tia Trio, Sony XBA-Z5 and Astell&Kern Diana.

Jul 26, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #1,857 of 3,313
Just received my SpinFit W1, dissappointed. AZLA Max standard is way better. I am using it on Z1R. One of the reason why W1 is not working well, from my initial impression and finding is that the silicon shell protrude too far away from its stem and makes the sealing harder to achieve. As a result, bass is reduced by a lot compared to Max standard.

Jul 26, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #1,858 of 3,313
Just received my SpinFit W1, dissappointed. AZLA Max standard is way better. I am using it on Z1R. One of the reason why W1 is not working well, from my initial impression and finding is that the silicon shell protrude too far away from its stem and makes the sealing harder to achieve. As a result, bass is reduced by a lot compared to Max standard.

This is good to know. I haven’t tried the W1 yet since they only offer them in the variety pack, but I did just get another couple pairs of the SednaEarFit Max. They’re great for my library and lineup of IEMs. They seal readily, are exceptionally comfortable and do a good job of thickening up the low end on my brighter sets.

I’ll still give the W1 a try when you can get single size packs but it’s going to be VERY hard for any tip to beat the Max for me. They’re that good.

Jul 26, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #1,859 of 3,313
This is good to know. I haven’t tried the W1 yet since they only offer them in the variety pack, but I did just get another couple pairs of the SednaEarFit Max. They’re great for my library and lineup of IEMs. They seal readily, are exceptionally comfortable and do a good job of thickening up the low end on my brighter sets.

I’ll still give the W1 a try when you can get single size packs but it’s going to be VERY hard for any tip to beat the Max for me. They’re that good.
You are right, so far, my pursue for the endgame tips is temperarily finished. I will order more Max standard large for all of my IEMs.

Jul 27, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #1,860 of 3,313
Anyone recognize these IEM tips? They are from a Flare Audio Pro package that I had purchased 5-6 years ago. These are some of the best IEM tips I've ever used, terrific longevity. Bottom row is much like the typical Comply foam, has a little bit of memory. Middle row is foam, but no memory. It's some kind of hybrid. These are the best, moved them to my 7Hz Timeless. Top row is all rubber (silicone) maybe? I use the Orange size (medium). The fit/isolation is very good, doesn't kill the high end, low end is very nice.

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 4.28.12 PM.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back