Best IEM tips?
Jun 9, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #1,726 of 3,313
I’m just now listening to my Sennheiser IE600 IEMs after 40hrs of pink noise. The eartips are the problem so far. That is, the mediums isolate well but become somewhat uncomfortable after 30-40 minutes. The smalls are more comfortable but don’t isolate enough for proper bass extension. It seems my canals are somewhere in between.

The treble amount from these IEMs definitely need the mitigation the stock tips offer. However, 3rd party small bore tips that I've tried offer similar mitigation (e.g., Final E-type, medium), but they don’t offer intermediate sizes. I’ll be auditioning the small Final tips tonight, but I think I need to find & try other tips that offer intermediate sizes (e.g., medium-small, ~11.5mm dia.) that also offer a small or extended bore… possibly a good quality soft double flange(?)

Suggestions?
That's wild. How they are rated so highly with such a design flaw is beyond me. Most also claim that the OEM tips are uncomfortable.

Jun 9, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #1,727 of 3,313
That's wild. How they are rated so highly with such a design flaw is beyond me. Most also claim that the OEM tips are uncomfortable.

That’s not fair! It is not a design flaw, in so much that all IEM manufacturers do not supply more than only S-M-L ear tips. That is, I don’t expect any of them to make ear tips specifically for my ears… #jussayin

Jun 9, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #1,728 of 3,313
I’m just now listening to my Sennheiser IE600 IEMs after 40hrs of pink noise. The eartips are the problem so far. That is, the mediums isolate well but become somewhat uncomfortable after 30-40 minutes. The smalls are more comfortable but don’t isolate enough for proper bass extension. It seems my canals are somewhere in between.

The treble amount from these IEMs definitely need the mitigation the stock tips offer. However, 3rd party small bore tips that I've tried offer similar mitigation (e.g., Final E-type, medium), but they don’t offer intermediate sizes. I’ll be auditioning the small Final tips tonight, but I think I need to find & try other tips that offer intermediate sizes (e.g., medium-small, ~11.5mm dia.) that also offer a small or extended bore… possibly a good quality soft double flange(?)

Suggestions?

KBEAR 07 come in 5 sizes and are inexpensive. Similar to SpinFit CP145. :L3000:

Jun 9, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #1,729 of 3,313

Suggestions?
Possible spinfit cp240 or acoustune aet06? I'm also not a fan of the stock sennheiser silicone tips

Jun 9, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #1,730 of 3,313

AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC​

After trying many different, I just use these now, once you get a good fit , these are the only ones I never have to fiddle with
when on my walks or hikes or whatever. The stay put.
Have you tried Crystal, they retain the same properties as XELASTEC but less sticky and do not deform over time.

Jun 9, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #1,731 of 3,313
I am a huge fan of the Moondrop Spring Tips. You will likely have to buy a size up from what you normally buy.

If you normally wear a Small you’ll need a Medium, ect.

Jun 10, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #1,732 of 3,313
Idk if this is the correct thread for this, but there's a lot of general IEM tip chatter, so...

Has anyone had the issue where it feels like many of your tips seal too well? Like you stick 'em in your ear and it feels like an actual vacuum is created inside your ear, cause you basically hear nothing from the IEMs? I can't figure out what the hell is causing it. I can really only easily and comfortably listen to a pair of what I assume is M-sized Spinfit CP360s right now (based on the light green stem), pretty much every other M or L pair is causing this issue, and none of the S tips are big enough--they all sound tinny. Well, the XELASTECs are fine too, but keeping them clean is a pain so I've ditched them.

And before anyone mentions it, yes I keep my ears clean lol.

Jun 10, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #1,734 of 3,313
Happens to me with unvented DD IEMs.

Maybe try the Moondrop Spring Tips they are supposed help to relieve this.

Good timing, the Chus I ordered like two months ago (or whenever it was they came out) should arrive today. Ordered them mainly for the spring tips, haha.

Jun 10, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #1,735 of 3,313
Idk if this is the correct thread for this, but there's a lot of general IEM tip chatter, so...

Has anyone had the issue where it feels like many of your tips seal too well? Like you stick 'em in your ear and it feels like an actual vacuum is created inside your ear, cause you basically hear nothing from the IEMs? I can't figure out what the hell is causing it. I can really only easily and comfortably listen to a pair of what I assume is M-sized Spinfit CP360s right now (based on the light green stem), pretty much every other M or L pair is causing this issue, and none of the S tips are big enough--they all sound tinny. Well, the XELASTECs are fine too, but keeping them clean is a pain so I've ditched them.

Once they are seated, pull up and backwards on your ears to briefly break the seal.

You could be getting a very good seal on insertion, causing pressure to be retained in your ear canal. It'll make it sound like you're underwater almost.

Jun 10, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #1,737 of 3,313
Final E really is objectively the best tip and it isn't even close. Wish they'd included the spiral dots.

Edit: They do have another video that includes the spiral dots. Better treble than the Final E.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #1,738 of 3,313

Occasional driver flex is better than not getting a seal and having the IEMs sound like crap! I've only ever found that suction fit to be a problem, where the tips were a bit large for the nozzle. Having the tip stay behind in your ear, that is a nuisance!

Jun 10, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #1,739 of 3,313
I am a huge fan of the Moondrop Spring Tips. You will likely have to buy a size up from what you normally buy.

If you normally wear a Small you’ll need a Medium, ect.
That's a big reason why I haven't ordered the Chus. I usually wear large tips and I've read on several places that their large springtips are more like regular medium so that will probably not work for me.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #1,740 of 3,313
That's a big reason why I haven't ordered the Chus. I usually wear large tips and I've read on several places that their large springtips are more like regular medium so that will probably not work for me.
Same here, a free set of Moondrop tips, none of which fit, means an IEM with NO tips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back