Best IEM tips?
Apr 19, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #1,441 of 3,309
The Tennmaks are definitely very nice and sound very similar to the Spiral Dots. It’s hard to A/B because these take some together off and on the nozzle as well as in to your ear. They have a very slow rebound but the seal is superb. These are easily the best foams I’ve tried, but I’ve only done most of the Comply and the Moondrop foams (barring deep insertion Etymotics which I really like their small ones). I’m still choosing the Spiral Dots over this just because they are faster to insert and they isolate less. Comfort is very similar for sure. These are shockers in that regard. In any case, I like to hear what’s going on around me when I walk the dog, but I do like the small form factor of IEMs. Next time I travel, these are going to be my tips for sure! I’m surprised how well these are made. I’ll see how they hold up, but the feel much stronger than the other foams I’ve tried. I bet they do well with being cleaned to boot. They definitely give me confidence. I think other companies should be selling their foamies for a lot less. These are the only ones that made me feel like they are worth it Without reservation. If you like foamies, I’d try these next. Honestly they just seem much better than the others I’ve tried. I wear the same size in these as the Spiral Dots.
Since you like the Tennmak Foam. But you also like the ease of silicone and the quicker insertion, you should also try the Tennmak Whirlwinds. They go head to head with Azla Sedna for a fraction of the price. Also a wide bore tip. They're a lot like the Sedna Short Light

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #1,443 of 3,309
For durability, comfort, fit, price, and all that other stuff.
I find that the stock tips that come with the Grado GR10 are the best I've come across, period for any IEMs with a wide-ish bore.

Apr 24, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #1,444 of 3,309
Finding a new tips, Tanchjim T300T (treble version, not the T300B bass version).

The T300T is a great alternative if you don’t want to deal with Xelastec’s sticky nature. Sound wise, longer decay on the upper frequencies (just a tad) vs shorter on xelastec, T300T doesn’t add too much midbass compared to xelastec but both hits deep and fast with good textures. Both have good effects on the midrange, makes vocals (both male and female) very engaging enough for me without feeling fatigued for long listening sessions. Both have the same characteristics in terms of soundstage and seperation

May 5, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #1,446 of 3,309
Can anyone recommend some "long" silicone tips for deeper insertion?

Cheers
Westone Star tips, Spinfit double flange, Etymotic double or triple flange

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #1,449 of 3,309
I use the KZ starline tips with the flip tip mod on my KZ DQ6, but recently found them to begin slipping off and getting stuck in my ears when I remove the IEMs. It looks like the stem of the tips have expanded and so I can't use them anymore :frowning2: Has anyone else had this experience or do people just quickly graduate to better tips? My prized xelastecs are on other IEMs...

May 6, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #1,450 of 3,309
I use the KZ starline tips with the flip tip mod on my KZ DQ6, but recently found them to begin slipping off and getting stuck in my ears when I remove the IEMs. It looks like the stem of the tips have expanded and so I can't use them anymore :frowning2: Has anyone else had this experience or do people just quickly graduate to better tips? My prized xelastecs are on other IEMs...
As a solution, you can insert a small O-ring on the nozzle and then tips over it. This will give it adequate grip and prevent it from slipping out.

If not for O-rings, you can cut a small piece from any silicon tips' bore and that will be like an O-ring insert that and put your tips on top of the additional layer.

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #1,451 of 3,309
Does anyone knows what are the white tips that TD08 are using (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001266040592.html)

I ordered some BGVP, but the white from TD08 are more comfortable to me as the stem is shorter than the umbrella which provides the tips to be inserted deeper in the nozles and the overall result is short insertion into the canal. And it is perfect with my DQ6.

May 7, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #1,452 of 3,309
Does anyone knows what are the white tips that TD08 are using (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001266040592.html)

I ordered some BGVP, but the white from TD08 are more comfortable to me as the stem is shorter than the umbrella which provides the tips to be inserted deeper in the nozles and the overall result is short insertion into the canal. And it is perfect with my DQ6.
Yes, those silicone tips on the TD06 and TD08 are very good.

I do not know whether they have a particular brand name but I use them on my TRI Starseas and they are so comfortable, that they almost "disappear" in my ears. They also have wide enough bore so they do not impede the sound of the earphones.

It is worth asking asking the Tiandirenhe sellers on AliExpress.

May 8, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #1,454 of 3,309
May 8, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #1,455 of 3,309
I will ask them. Meanwhile any tips recommendation with short bore?
Azla short or Tanchjim T300 (T version if you want to bring forward the trebles, or the B version if you want to add warmth to the sound, but the B version have smaller nozzle than the T version)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back